NCAA FRIDAY Discussion New York 2016

Started by TomM, March 17, 2016, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

was coach trying to challenge the 2 pt turn? That I am sure was too late. Hope RT can go tonight. Looked bad. Those were some big lift and plants!

mkm13

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 18, 2016, 02:32:51 PM
was coach trying to challenge the 2 pt turn? That I am sure was too late. Hope RT can go tonight. Looked bad. Those were some big lift and plants!

He was hurt prior to that match.

bkraus

Rule 3.21.2 Section B

If a coach believes an error was made, the coach shall immediately
approach the mat-side table and raise a flag matching the color
assigned to his corner (red or green) thereby indicating to the matside
table scorer the request for a video challenge. This signifies
the coach believes an error was made, and the referee will stop the
match when there is no significant action taking place to conduct
the video review. Once the coach raises the flag, the coach cannot
retract the challenge. If the referee determines that the coach delayed
approaching the mat-side table to request the video challenge, the
challenge shall not be allowed.

So it appears this is all referee's discretion. Granted I am not a NCAA official, but I thought his challenge was in due time.
Strive for Perfection

imwi

Quote from: mkm13 on March 18, 2016, 02:36:23 PM

The announcer in the match prior noticed he was injured, couldn't pinpoint it but I believe he said something like 'lower left quandrant".

bkraus

It's his hip.  Been a problem forever and the reason he was out for a big part of the year.
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

That challenge came within 10 seconds of the takedown that was called. It didn't matter because Taylor won. I think that it was a takedown, as biased as I am. In college there is no reaction time for a TD, right? If so, I think it was, as brief as it may have been.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

lizard king

He really is incredibly good.  Most people know that probably but wow when he really decides to go, look out.

dad 2 5

Looked to me like he came off the mat with less weight then normal but maybe the same. He is one tough guy. Palmer look bigger than RT but not as quick and strong. Palmer did not seem to shot and surprised he did not get a stalling called a couple of time.

vsmf2010

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 18, 2016, 03:29:16 PM

Looked to me like he came off the mat with less weight then normal but maybe the same. He is one tough guy. Palmer look bigger than RT but not as quick and strong. Palmer did not seem to shot and surprised he did not get a stalling called a couple of time.

He ran pretty hard off the mat. Looked like he needed to get somewhere. Was hoping maybe he was cramping and needed to it worked out. Either that or he was pissed he was hurt.

vsmf2010

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 18, 2016, 02:04:34 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2016, 01:51:26 PM
semifinals at 174

#1 vs. #12

unseeded vs. #11

Pretty sure Bo Nickal is going to roll to the title

*The unseeded knocked off the #2 and the #7.  He was also the Big 12 Champ.  I don't disagree with your conclusion that Bo Nickal (what a great name for a kid from Texas) will likely roll to the title... but I don't like your logic.  You wouldn't post this if it was #2 vs #7 on the bottom... didn't Mr. Weatherspoon (the unseeded gentlemen in question) prove that he is more dangerous to face than either of those guys?

Jackson beat Nickal already this year and Martin is no joke either. I think BN will get it done but I would not be shocked to see him get beat by any of those 3 guys. I believe I heard the announcer say BN was trying to be the second champ from TX. Not sure that is what they said but I know I heard something.

Ghetto

Taylor is up next on mat 3. We will see...

Ghetto

Ivan Stankowski

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on March 18, 2016, 07:26:58 PM
Can we complain yet??  :-X

Not until Sunday, otherwise you have a pathetic life
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

wrastle63