well........

Started by littleguy301, March 06, 2016, 08:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

The next month will tell alot about these Brewers, very tough schedule...  They could easily be 10 games under .500 a month from now.

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on June 10, 2016, 12:00:43 PM
They are going over 75 for sure it looks like. Fortunately Maggie was sleeping, and didn't get in on that action.

They have been better than expected. They are putting a competitive team on the field everyday. Braun, Lucroy, and Villar have been great. The bullpen has been outstanding. I think some of the injuries in the bullpen have been a blessing in disguise. They were logging a lot of innings in April. The injuries spread the innings out to some other guys. Jeffries and Thornburg have been outstanding. I still would take the under on 70 wins. Braun and Lucroy could be traded at anytime, and a summer swoon would not be a big surprise. The starting pitching needs to be upgraded to be a contender again.

Ghetto

They would have to really go downhill to get under 70 wins. There are 102 games left. 42-60 is really bad.

Braun and Lucroy are almost definitely gone. Braun's health is the major concern, and the Brewers have been smart with him as far as giving him rest. It makes no sense to run him out there and get him hurt regardless, but he has very little value if he doesn't prove he can stay healthy.

I know that there are a lot of guys on the Brewers who are just guys. That's kind of the way Stearns does stuff. Not sure there's the star power of the Braun/Feilder/Weeks era, but we will see.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

I hope whoever they get in the draft, they can bunt.  Why don't we move guys over when we get a lead off hit?  Screw the "big inning", how often does that happen?

bigG

This has been such an issue for so long with the Brewers I have to wonder if it's not our "style" to suck at bunting. My Lord; it's a fundamental fundamental. Ya catch the ball with the bat.  Cripes that drives me nuts!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.