Steldt

Started by wis_grapler_08, March 06, 2016, 08:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wis_grapler_08

Are there any other head coaches out there that have won team state titles with two different teams?  Quite an accomplishment.

jets152

My first thought is Dan Hein, maybe? His Wausau West team won a few years back and I believe he may have also coached Sevastopol to a title sometime in the 80's? Or maybe they were runner-up...
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

FinalWord

Fred Lehrke ,, Monroe and DCE
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Grapl

Duffy Brelsford - Port Washington and a team in California (one division in Cali) 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Chad Steldt also was a member of a team championship with Riverdale in 1997. (He qualified for state as a Freshman)

Chad was also an Individual State Champion in 2000.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

FinalWord

Coach Steldt would probably state he is most proud of the 3 years he assisted Jim Hauschildt at Ellsworth Middle School. That is where I taught him how to control his temper.
Great job Chad. Very proud here!
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

littleguy301

Quote from: FinalWord on March 06, 2016, 10:48:35 AM
Coach Steldt would probably state he is most proud of the 3 years he assisted Jim Hauschildt at Ellsworth Middle School. That is where I taught him how to control his temper.
Great job Chad. Very proud here!

Word, your saying that YOU taught him control and the legendary middle school would have done what?

Boy, I will have to admitt that Mr Stedt might have one of the better resumes in the state of wisconsin. A 3 time champ I believe in individual, team champ as a high schooler and coaching 2 state titles to 2 different high schools in wisconsin. Man maybe we should include him in the discussion of who should coach the badgers next. Just Kidding!!!!

Good job to the coach and the fennimore team!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Chad was a 3 time state placewinner

3rd as a sophomore, 2nd as a junior, 1st as a senior. 

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf