Kilty and Anglin

Started by macattack, February 28, 2016, 04:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macattack

I wish people would just see him as a great wrestler not as a wrestler with a disability and her as a great wrestler and not a girl who wrestles. I imagine they are both sick of the hoopla and just want to be looked at as all-state competitors.

imnofish

Quote from: macattack on February 28, 2016, 04:21:10 PM
I wish people would just see him as a great wrestler not as a wrestler with a disability and her as a great wrestler and not a girl who wrestles. I imagine they are both sick of the hoopla and just want to be looked at as all-state competitors.

Probably right about that.  People see what they see, though, and appreciate the extaordinary steps taken to succeed.  Nothing wrong with appreciating any path to excellence, as each is typically remarkable in its own right. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

macattack

I agree one hundred percent. Hopefully next year they meet again and the hype is about how great of a match it's going to be.