Cam

Started by Houndhead, February 09, 2016, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

But we do know Denver defense dominated Cam he had the deer in the headline look so again you speak completely from left field little buddy but keep trying you ,ay get it right at some point. I am pulling for ya little buddy....... ;D

Ghetto

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on February 09, 2016, 08:58:20 AM
Quote from: bkraus on February 09, 2016, 08:49:19 AM
I don't think I have a problem with him being that way at the press conference.  It is easy to be boisterous and outspoken when you win.  He just lost the biggest game of his life.  And his fumble pretty much sealed the deal.  Now I know I will never be in that situation, and could say I would do this or that.  But honestly I don't know.  After I lost a beer league hockey championship game, I did not talk to my family after the game.  I could just imagine what he must have been going through.  Cut the man a little slack and let him have his emotional reaction to the biggest disappointment in his life. 

Other GREAT qb have lost in the Super Bowl and not acted like him, sure winning is fun and all is great when you win, he showed his true colors in the press conference, he has a lot of growing up to do.
maybe he was to busy worrying about his celebration dance or picking out a kid to give the ball to, maybe he should focus more on the game

Are we really criticizing him giving a ball to a kid?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Cam Newton is what, 26 years old?

Of course he's immature.

I'm gonna come out and say it. He's black. He's a bit flashy. He's extremely talented. I think he'll take beef for the press conference worse than a white QB would for the same answers.

Is he an A hole? No
Does he get in guys grills and talk junk? No
Does he try to show anyone up? No

He just played in the biggest game of his life, and played poorly. Yes it is his job to do the press conference. Yes he failed miserably at it. I chalk it up to him being you and immature, and he'll get better at it.

Never heard one person say that Rodgers TD celebration took away from his play on the field.

TomM

Haven't read this entire thread.... (seriously)

Saw a clip where there was tons of background noise and a Bronco almost hollering his interview 'over the top' of the Cam Newton interview (only a curtain separated them) ....
Hey, I understand frustration.

I was back and forth... First for Carolina... then Broncos (because I am annoyed by the dancing after scoring stuff... I'm old), then back to pulling for Carolina (just couldn't pull for the AFC or John what's his name, the old former bronco QB)...

Hey, I like Cam Newton. Dang he is good and fun to watch. (when he's not being silly in the end zone... Gotta remember I would figure the 'discount double check belt thing' was dang annoying to non-Packer fans.. Right?)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Houndhead

Quote from: futurerichguy on February 10, 2016, 07:27:00 AM
Cam is 26 yrs old and has already made more than anybody on this forum will make in their life-time.  Jealous?

So you think we can't criticize his actions if we disagree with them because he makes more money than us? Does that mean we are free to jump all over anyone that makes less than we do?

bigG

Any criticism of me from a carnie is jealousy?

Go strap a kid in, ya jealous carnie!!!

Cam is young and arrogant, like many successful athletes.

He'll learn as he grows and vice-versa.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on February 09, 2016, 10:08:01 PM

Of course he's immature.

I'm gonna come out and say it. He's black. He's a bit flashy. He's extremely talented. I think he'll take beef for the press conference worse than a white QB would for the same answers.

Is he an A hole? No

He just played in the biggest game of his life, and played poorly. Yes it is his job to do the press conference. Yes he failed miserably at it. I chalk it up to him being you and immature, and he'll get better at it.

Never heard one person say that Rodgers TD celebration took away from his play on the field.

Stop  Maybe for some this is a race issue and your post is as much BS as is the other side.

This man.......yes man wears his emotions on his sleeve he acted like a child it was not good.

The Denver defense absolutely shut him down and physically beat the crapola out of him.......end of story.

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on February 09, 2016, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on February 09, 2016, 08:58:20 AM
Quote from: bkraus on February 09, 2016, 08:49:19 AM
I don't think I have a problem with him being that way at the press conference.  It is easy to be boisterous and outspoken when you win.  He just lost the biggest game of his life.  And his fumble pretty much sealed the deal.  Now I know I will never be in that situation, and could say I would do this or that.  But honestly I don't know.  After I lost a beer league hockey championship game, I did not talk to my family after the game.  I could just imagine what he must have been going through.  Cut the man a little slack and let him have his emotional reaction to the biggest disappointment in his life. 

Other GREAT qb have lost in the Super Bowl and not acted like him, sure winning is fun and all is great when you win, he showed his true colors in the press conference, he has a lot of growing up to do.
maybe he was to busy worrying about his celebration dance or picking out a kid to give the ball to, maybe he should focus more on the game

Are we really criticizing him giving a ball to a kid?

Giving the ball to a child is one coolest things a professional athlete could do. Ranks even higher than the Lambeau leap.

Ghetto

Quote from: ramjet on February 10, 2016, 08:39:43 AM

Of course he's immature.

Is he an A hole? No

Stop  Maybe for some this is a race issue and your post is as much BS as is the other side.

This man.......yes man wears his emotions on his sleeve he acted like a child it was not good.

The Denver defense absolutely shut him down and physically beat the crapola out of him.......end of story.

It's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

Funny how we agreed on almost everything, but my post is BS.

bkraus

I was all ok with the first press conference immediately following the game.  But the one he did yesterday was absurd.  What I can't believe is that someone with in the Panthers organization didn't brief him before hand on what to or not to say based on the flack he was already getting.
Strive for Perfection

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on February 10, 2016, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: ramjet on February 10, 2016, 08:39:43 AM

Of course he's immature.

Is he an A hole? No

Stop  Maybe for some this is a race issue and your post is as much BS as is the other side.

It's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

Funny how we agreed on almost everything, but my post is BS.

Ok the racial reference is BS.  ;D

He was criticized from all angles after that display.......including allot of former players and present players.

He still is heads and  tails more mature than Johnny Foosball.

Would he wNt any of kids he gave those footballs too to emulate that behavior? I would hope not.

MarkK

I agree Johnny has a lot of problems.  I hope some how he gets it together.   Cam I don't care about the press conference so much.  He showed up.  I hope he too learns from that.   However, I really didn't like his antics when that Carolina Cheesehead had his sign destroyed.   I don't know what precipitated that.  But people just want to cheer for their team.  The guy payed admission.  He paid Cam's salary.  Let them have their sign and their fun.  they paid for it.   Cam seemed to think it was ok to destroy someone elses property.  I heard that the team owners took care of the situation.  Good for them.  Cam can be great but he can also be annoying.   Great annoying people are still annoying.   It does take away from their greatness. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

ramjet

Quote from: futurerichguy on February 10, 2016, 05:08:06 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 10, 2016, 07:46:22 AM
Quote from: futurerichguy on February 10, 2016, 07:27:00 AM
Cam is 26 yrs old and has already made more than anybody on this forum will make in their life-time.  Jealous?

So you think we can't criticize his actions if we disagree with them because he makes more money than us? Does that mean we are free to jump all over anyone that makes less than we do?
Cam makes more than you, and he doesn't "jump all over" you.  So to answer your second question, you are not free to jump all over anyone that makes less than you.

Ha what does what he makes have to do with anything because he makes allot he can act like child? So are you OK with the way Donald Trump acts he is very very wealthy? FRG you are barking up the wrong tree here.

imnofish

A rich fool is still a fool. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

Quote from: futurerichguy on February 10, 2016, 08:46:42 PM
Quote from: imnofish on February 10, 2016, 08:14:53 PM
A rich fool is still a fool. 
You seriously believe Cam is a fool?  I'm never going to understand this disrespect towards Cam so I should probably let this rest.  I'm assuming this makes you feel better about yourself somehow.

You're assumptions are incorrect.  My point is that someone making a lot of money does not earn them more respect, if they act like a fool.  We all act like fools sometimes, myself included, but our incomes should play no role in how our foolish behaviors are perceived by others.  Judge Cam's behaviors for what they were, but why did anyone even bring his riches into it?  They are as unrelated to his behaviors as would be those of a poor person.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!