Who's your Dark Horse?

Started by DenBosch, February 05, 2016, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Then maybe the thread should be "Who is wrestling really well right now?"

WBBs Bro

Ramjet- I'm not sure why you feel the title of the thread is so threatening.

bulldog90

When you have an answer for his first foolish comment he has to try to find something else to whine about. I didn't hear any names in his posts?

5799gb

With all that empathy and compassion he shows you may believe he leans a little to the left.

ramjet

I just think the term Dark Horse is nondescript it has the connotation the wrestler does not have chance. But somehow overcomes insurmountable odds to win against a superior talented opponent. Is this how you guys lol at those wrestlers? See I everyone has great chance to win if they work hard and believe in that hard work. Let's not try and make this political just like saying Rhinehart was a Darkhorse last year  I bet he didn't think so nor did his coach. Just a weird way to post accomplishments of these wrestlers that's all.

Terms like "upset" and "Darkhorse" do not really tell the true story in my opinion. These are terms for parents and fans the wrestlers do not feel that way. Well at least the ones I talk too.

Flame away boys.........🔥

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on February 07, 2016, 10:52:12 AM
I have to chuckle at these threads. I wonder if the kids being mentioned all like having a target painted on their backs. They may be comfortable living below the radar?

Yes, I have to admit that I considered that, too.  That's why I didn't make any bold predictions.  Just wanted to give our young guy a little respect.  He is a hard-working kid who respects his opponents and welcomes a challenge.  He sets his goals high and knows that wrestling the top kids will help him get better in the long run.  Good attitude for a freshman, IMO.  Some kids might not like to be in the spotlight, though. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

WBBs Bro

First of all, in no way does "dark horse" mean "not having a chance"(as you think it does). You are right in that it is not a term a participant would use to describe themselves, but it is perfectly appropriate to use it in this sense. As you said, it is for fans. Which is what 99% of this forum is.

ramjet

Quote from: WBBs Bro on February 07, 2016, 02:31:02 PM
First of all, in no way does "dark horse" mean "not having a chance"(as you think it does). You are right in that it is not a term a participant would use to describe themselves, but it is perfectly appropriate to use it in this sense. As you said, it is for fans. Which is what 99% of this forum is.

I am not offended just strikes me like I said. No problem. I will say this all the wrestlers mentioned are working hard towards some nice accomplishments I wish them the best in thier quest.

DarkKnight

Darkhorse simply means not the favorite.

Paul Harvey

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 05, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Quote from: superfan22 on February 05, 2016, 12:58:37 PM
D3 Schlough Boyceville 138

Dark Horse

"a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds"

I posted this definition early on in this thread. It is about somebody who is not well known that we think has a shot at making some noise nothing more.

Ugh, Forum police at it again..... ::)
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

ramjet

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 07, 2016, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 05, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Quote from: superfan22 on February 05, 2016, 12:58:37 PM
D3 Schlough Boyceville 138

Dark Horse

"a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds"

I posted this definition early on in this thread. It is about somebody who is not well known that we think has a shot at making some noise nothing more.

Ugh, Forum police at it again..... ::)

No it just how it strikes me that's all so calm down.

5799gb

ramjet

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Keeping my Dark Horse to myself. That makes him really dark.  ;D

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove