Who's your Dark Horse?

Started by DenBosch, February 05, 2016, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry33

I like Jonny Benitez- Amery.  Probably been practicing with Hunter Marko all year...heard he took some time off last year. But I think was a 2 time state entrant as a freshman and sophomore.  Might be one of the quickest wrestlers I've seen from the feet. 

The Last Ride

Quote from: henry33 on February 05, 2016, 07:53:31 PM
I like Jonny Benitez- Amery.  Probably been practicing with Hunter Marko all year...heard he took some time off last year. But I think was a 2 time state entrant as a freshman and sophomore.  Might be one of the quickest wrestlers I've seen from the feet. 
henry33... 2 time state entrant... dark horse? 
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

bigdawg

Quote from: getyourpoints on February 05, 2016, 04:25:15 PM
Ian Laatsch 126, he has a couple of close losses to some top tear wrestlers and he only a freshman. But if he gets focused he has the athleticism to compete with anyone at 126.
I love watching this kid wrestle

wrestletough

Subhan Umar 145 from Racine Horlick. 39-0. Not ranked until 2/3 rankings

superfan22

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 05, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Quote from: superfan22 on February 05, 2016, 12:58:37 PM
D3 Schlough Boyceville 138

Dark Horse

"a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds"

Schlough is tough as nails but is ranked 3rd. Not sure he qualifies as a "Dark Horse"

I've been big on him since before Badger! Secondly, I'm not talking finish on podium dark horse. I'm talking in the current rankings I feel he is the guy to beat for D3.

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on February 05, 2016, 05:36:02 PM
Waldofski 160 lb. freshman from Barron

His weight class is stacked at Regionals and Sectionals, but he has the ability to make some big noise. 
[/quote

For the die hards he isnt a dark horse, just a plain horse!!!!!!!!

Good choice fish, a name to remember for the next 3 1/2 years
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I will take Sawyer Massie from Hudson.

While most think a guy that has made state a few times shouldnt be a dark horse but man this kid is the best kid that hasnt placed in high school yet.

sorry hudson coaches but being ranked 1 he isnt hiding.

Just a solid pick to win without ever placing that I know of!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TheChosenOne

I think hm at 195 Cullen Bauer-Trottier from Port Washington could do some damage. The kid knows how to keep matches close and win at the end. Plus he placed high at Cheesehead.

Ghetto

Quote from: TheChosenOne on February 06, 2016, 11:16:05 AM
I think hm at 195 Cullen Bauer-Trottier from Port Washington could do some damage. The kid knows how to keep matches close and win at the end. Plus he placed high at Cheesehead.

Agreed.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bulldog90

I've been out of state a couple years so haven't been able to watch live but keep up as much as possible. Trevor Troxel is ranked now but probably no where on the radar before the season. Had  some tough injuries in previous years and having a great season! Pulling for him to make a deep run.

tiger

Quote from: bulldog90 on February 06, 2016, 06:40:55 PM
I've been out of state a couple years so haven't been able to watch live but keep up as much as possible. Trevor Troxel is ranked now but probably no where on the radar before the season. Had  some tough injuries in previous years and having a great season! Pulling for him to make a deep run.
Didn't he play basketball last season? I know he made the state tournament his sophomore year, not sure about last year. I hope he makes a deep run in these next couple weeks.

DocWrestling

Quote from: getyourpoints on February 05, 2016, 04:25:15 PM
Ian Laatsch 126, he has a couple of close losses to some top tear wrestlers and he only a freshman. But if he gets focused he has the athleticism to compete with anyone at 126.
Gave Trent Leon a run losing 6-4 today in finals after tech falling Jacob Barnett 22-7 in semis
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Armdrag

Nathan Lichtfuss Hortonville 138.... Beat Zach Lee in conference final

ramjet

I have to chuckle at these threads. I wonder if the kids being mentioned all like having a target painted on their backs. They may be comfortable living below the radar?

WBBs Bro

Then again, some may like the recognition.