Who's your Dark Horse?

Started by DenBosch, February 05, 2016, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenBosch

Enough discussion about State Tournament format and Weight Classes already... ;D

Let's hear your Dark Horse predictions!  Who's lying in the weeds ready to upset/disrupt the rankings at Regionals/Sectionals?

ICEMAN112

Quote from: DenBosch on February 05, 2016, 05:49:59 AM
Enough discussion about State Tournament format and Weight Classes already... ;D

Let's hear your Dark Horse predictions!  Who's lying in the weeds ready to upset/disrupt the rankings at Regionals/Sectionals?

+100,000

pin2win

Mauricio Cardoso- West Allis Central 138.

In my opinion, not a dark horse because he has some very good credentials but he is still unranked.  He was one match from placing at the state tournament last year at 138, and I believe he only has 2 or 3 loses this season.  I think he is going to do some damage here come tournament time.

bud

Nate Roth- Jefferson 132
Pretty solid kid has not been ranked all year
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

Paul Harvey

Ryan McDevil - Hudson 152

Undefeated in 2016!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSG-2pyBHI&feature=youtu.be

“Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game”
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

superfan22

Super Q

I'm liking a few guys from that lineup in Point. Roth has been wrestling well but his lingering injuries scare me. I really like Engle to wrestle deep at the tourney.
Always put your money on the 30 seed

Paul Harvey

Quote from: superfan22 on February 05, 2016, 12:58:37 PM
D3 Schlough Boyceville 138

Dark Horse

"a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds"

Schlough is tough as nails but is ranked 3rd. Not sure he qualifies as a "Dark Horse"
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

Mustang Fan

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 05, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Quote from: superfan22 on February 05, 2016, 12:58:37 PM
D3 Schlough Boyceville 138

Dark Horse

"a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds"

Schlough is tough as nails but is ranked 3rd. Not sure he qualifies as a "Dark Horse"

And he is just getting started in his high school career...He is a real ringer!!

bigdawg

Quote from: Super Q on February 05, 2016, 01:09:46 PM
I'm liking a few guys from that lineup in Point. Roth has been wrestling well but his lingering injuries scare me. I really like Engle to wrestle deep at the tourney.

Word on the street is Roth doesn't practice that much.  Going to be tough to make a run if he isn't working on getting better.

fastnfurious

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

Waldofski 160 lb. freshman from Barron

His weight class is stacked at Regionals and Sectionals, but he has the ability to make some big noise. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

I'm going to go with the 103 lbr's from Pound Wis....do they have a team?...if so, he must be tough as nails, being so small and growing up in that Neck Of the wood!  :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Kensbud76