imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on February 08, 2016, 12:57:14 PM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on February 06, 2016, 09:43:26 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 04, 2016, 04:10:35 PM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on February 04, 2016, 02:02:01 PM
I just hire the Hound as my guide.

How far from Escanaba are you ?

http://www.adventureoutmi.com/

How much does the gear cost? This sounds like a great idea. Pretty sure I'm on the hook now for "next year". I mentioned it to my sons and they are all for it.

http://www.whyknotguideservice.com/sleepershacks.html

You might want to find a place to go where the eqipment is provided.

Good idea.  Maybe hire a guide, too (unless you have an experienced friend willing to school you).
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

imnofish

Looks like a great resource, Hound.  Looks like some great ice fishing packages available, if you follow the links.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Houndhead

Returned sunday from LOTW. Fished thur, fri, sat in Sportsmen Sleepers. Fishing was the worst of any time I have been there. 38 fish in 3 days for 3 guys. 33 saugers, 2 tiny walleyes, and 3 tullibees. We will be looking for somewhere else to go next year.

imnofish

Sorry to hear that your experience was sub-par.  I suspect the unusual weather patterns certainly came into play this year.  My son-in-law said it was excellent last year, so I'm guessing the fish are still there.  Hope you find a more satisfactory experience, wherever you end up.

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on March 09, 2016, 09:32:12 AM
Sorry to hear that your experience was sub-par.  I suspect the unusual weather patterns certainly came into play this year.  My son-in-law said it was excellent last year, so I'm guessing the fish are still there.  Hope you find a more satisfactory experience, wherever you end up.

Unfortunately, it looks like my perch fishing trip to Leech Lake next weekend is going to be cancelled due to the ice conditions. I was just checking out the barge fishing on the Mississippi. Has anyone ever done this? Big G?

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on March 09, 2016, 10:16:42 AM
Quote from: imnofish on March 09, 2016, 09:32:12 AM

Unfortunately, it looks like my perch fishing trip to Leech Lake next weekend is going to be cancelled due to the ice conditions. I was just checking out the barge fishing on the Mississippi. Has anyone ever done this? Big G?

Why fish for barges?  Gotta be hard to eat.   ;)