Grant Schoen beginners Tournament 2-7

Started by EIUwrestler1, February 03, 2016, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EIUwrestler1

This is a beginners tournament for first and second year wrestlers, check in is 7:00-8-00 am, wrestling starts at 9:00.

See the flyer in the events section for details and new location:, wrestling will be done by 2:00, ee pizza for wrestlers.

Register on track wrestling

Ghetto

Thanks to coach Gartmann, Frias, Dodge, and all the guys who put this tournament on today. I've never gone to any kids tournaments before, and it's flat out chaos. So awesome to see tiny kids out there wrestling and smiling.

Also, what a great chance for kids to experience a tournament and not get throttled and want to quit the sport. My son got his first "win" today, and I believe that it might be the catalyst to keep him going, after not getting a win during his middle school season. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home.

Also, thanks to Ryder Sigler and Sean Ipsarides. What great kids. Super patient all day with the madness. I actually saw Sigler smile. Frankly, the boy would make me soil myself if I had to wrestle him.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on February 07, 2016, 05:33:14 PM
Thanks to coach Gartmann, Frias, Dodge, and all the guys who put this tournament on today. I've never gone to any kids tournaments before, and it's flat out chaos. So awesome to see tiny kids out there wrestling and smiling.

Also, what a great chance for kids to experience a tournament and not get throttled and want to quit the sport. My son got his first "win" today, and I believe that it might be the catalyst to keep him going, after not getting a win during his middle school season. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home.

Also, thanks to Ryder Sigler and Sean Ipsarides. What great kids. Super patient all day with the madness. I actually saw Sigler smile. Frankly, the boy would make me soil myself if I had to wrestle him.

Sounds like a great event. I am as competitive as the next guy but I do believe some of these events could be helpful.

Ghetto - his dad did the Shute scare and convo with me/my brother at Regionals my JR year (WIAA banned phrase now :) ). I didn't fare well!