Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Teams

D3
Reedsville - First round matchup is Markesan

Random Lake - First round matchup is Kenosha Christian Life

paintortureagony

Upsets/ Not moving on:

Mikey Griffey Reedsville got pinned by Joe Meyer Oostburg in semi finals.  Griffey didn't get a chance for a wrestle off and placed 3rd.  Griffey placed 2nd at conference while Meyer placed 3rd.  Griffey also wrestled at 195 instead of 182, he wrestled at both weights all year.

145 Conference Champ Jonah Frier placed 3rd at regionals losing to Jordan Roff Brillion.  Issac Roffers Reedsville moved down to 145 and took the regional title.

CLC FAN

I have to say I was surprised that Griffey stayed up at 195.  He looked tough at that weight, but I would be surprised if he weighed above 185.  Also, our sectional is pretty solid at 195 with both Seufzer and Huiras among others.  Maybe it was an individual sacrifice for the team to have it's best lineup.  Just surprised me.

Gonwa taking 3rd in the Sheboygan Falls regional was a bit of a shock too.  I feel bad for Adam, he's a great young man and he seemed to be wrestling really well lately. 

hasbeen

3 out of 8 from Sectionals qualify for state. 37.5%

Big East has 42 at Sectionals so that would make just under 16.

Over /  Under 16? What do you think?

CLC FAN

I would bet the over for sure.  I think we will have 20.

hasbeen

I see 16 locks and 6 more that have a legitimate shot. Can probably figure a couple "so called" locks coming up short and half the maybe's making it, so I'll go with 17 qualifiers for the Big East...Wait! Maybe one more that I am writing off as "no chance" will seize the moment and pull off the upset. Make it 18 qualifiers this year.

Bandit

Congratulations to Random Lake qualifying for team state once again.  I think they will be a tough matchup for Fennimore at State.  Reedsville came close with Markesan, coming down to the last match.  Both of these teams should return to team sectionals next year if Regional/Sectional assignments stay the same.  Only one senior between RL and Reed is pretty crazy to think.  If Reedsville can get some incoming freshman to fill the rest of their weigh classes it should be an awesome meeting between these teams next year, with a trip to state on the line.

paintortureagony

Random Lake vs Reedsville next year with one dual, the conference tourney, and hopefully a dual at team sectionals will hopefully come down to some great matchups that could start a rivalry as long as the Big East doesn't change.

CLC FAN

17 I think.

CG 2
EL/HG 2
Mish 2
Oz 1
RL 8
Reeds 2

CLC FAN

CG
106 Abel Brockman
126 Isaac Brockman

EL/HG
126 Max Ward
138 Trent Rebedew

Mish
120 Dylon Becker
126 Sawyer Young

Oz
152 Colin Hughes

RL
106 Anthony Rautmann
113 Josh Depies (champ)
132 Cesar Luis
160 Levi Kohn
170 Helton Vandenbush (champ)
182 Chase Brouillette (champ)
195 Hunter Huiras
220 Ben Drenski

Reeds
152 Isaac Roffers
285 Zenaido Capetillo (champ)

CLC FAN

Also, the following wrestlers took 4th - just one win short of moving on.

CG
138 Bryce Morgan

Oo
126 Chase Lombardi

RL
152 Grayson Vandenbush
285 Jarrett Hiller

Reeds
160 Daniel Kocourek

CLC FAN

Congrats to the Big East's 6 placewinners:

1st 170 - Helton Vandenbush RL
2nd 113 - Josh Depies RL
2nd 145 - Isaac Roffers Reedsville
2nd 195 - Hunter Huiras RL
4th 182 - Chase Brouillette RL
5th 285 - Zenaido Capetillo Reedsville

hasbeen

Congrats to the place winners and not a senior among them.

hasbeen

Yet again...the Sheboygan Press fails miserably to give wrestling the coverage it deserves. I understand that their deadlines are very early so it wasn't surprising the only results from the finals was Josh Depies' match, but in Monday's paper Individual State Champion Helton Vandenbush gets a secondary headline on the side of the sports section front page and a small b&w picture on the next page where the short article continues. Reading the article it got even worse. It appears they took the Depies article from Sunday's paper (which to their credit was actually pretty decent) and cut and pasted it into Monday's paper. It sounded like the same exact article. Hunter Huiras and Sean Mattek got 2 short paragraphs each. What a joke! I understand basketball is a bigger draw, but come on. I'm not asking for equal coverage, just the coverage these kids deserve. Now we have  a local team (RL) heading to Madison to try to win a team state title. You think there'll be a nice background story this week leading up to the event? I won't hold my breath.

ELG

Congratulations to Helton Vandenbush and Coach Hatfield on a 170# State Championship. Random had 3 in the finals which was very impressive. Good luck to all of your guys at Team State this weekend. Bring a championship back to Random!!