Brewers deal Segura to Diamondbacks

Started by Ghetto, January 30, 2016, 09:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

I guess with Arcia waiting in the wings, it was expected.

A few stopgap players til the next youth movement arrives. Man it's gonna get ugly at Miller Park this year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

But they have that dog...

I'm guessing there will be 81 "Hank Bobblehead Games" ....

Sheesh... Unbelievable...

How do you have an attachment to any professional team any more? Baseball especially. I have been done with the brewers for YEEEEARS... Maybe go to one game a year.  Do crowd watching. Honestly.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrestle84

I like the deal. Segura's value is not that great. Aria is the shortstop of the future. Anderson will be serviceable while the rebuild goes on. The shortstop in return good be something of value in the future.

DrSnide

My hunch is that the prospect they got back is the key.  Highly regarded young player and it fits the model.  Although apparently the model is to load up on really good SS prospects - 19 with a very high ceiling joins a very deep position in the minors
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

wrestle84

Quote from: DrSnide on January 31, 2016, 07:14:49 AM
My hunch is that the prospect they got back is the key.  Highly regarded young player and it fits the model.  Although apparently the model is to load up on really good SS prospects - 19 with a very high ceiling joins a very deep position in the minors

Nothing wrong with adding talent even if it is at a position of depth. If they are good players, they will be value able chips in the future.

DrSnide

Quote from: wrestle84 on January 31, 2016, 08:35:15 AM
Quote from: DrSnide on January 31, 2016, 07:14:49 AM

Nothing wrong with adding talent even if it is at a position of depth. If they are good players, they will be value able chips in the future.

No complaints here - talented SS prospects are great trade bait - also SS who can hit/power can often transition quite nicely to 2b or 3b
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on January 30, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
I guess with Arcia waiting in the wings, it was expected.

A few stopgap players til the next youth movement arrives. Man it's gonna get ugly at Miller Park this year.

I should have made a bet, I thought Arcia would be up but you thought he would come with a group. Guess he is up earlier than I thought but he is hear now. Hope it will work out.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I still say he comes up with the group.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

neutral

I'm actually encouraged about the offense - not that they'll be great every day ... but they will have more good days than I thought not long ago.

Hill could be a very positive addition - spiltting time with Gennett at 2nd ... and, hopefully, Middlebrooks at 3rd ... or contributing off the bench.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

littleguy301

I like this trade.

Segura was an average player the past 2 years and getting some prospects will be good. The Brewers have a SS of the future in Arica and maybe this Diaz guy in a couple also.

Not sure about Hill and his contract but it is only for 1 year and I think the Brewers plug him in a second and if he returns to some form and hits 12 HR and 60 RBI and around .250 I would be happy and we get him off the books after the year. Plus it makes Scooter a situational player and I like having him coming off the bench for 3B, 2B and SS. It gives some depth because we know someone will get hurt ;)

Actually now, I am on board for trading LuCroy before the season, what the heck, seems like there are alot of teams out there willing to trade and if we can get a pitcher and a minor leauger I am game.

I think Anderson will eat some innings which is good for me.

Maybe Garza and LuCroy in a trade with the Brewers eating some of Garza salary for a 3rd pitcher and some depth on the roster or in the minors go for it. Clean the house and lets make this season a tough one but with hopes that things are turning around.

Side Note: I doubt there is a team foolish enough to take Braun so,,,,,,,,,,, ;)

neutral

I think they could find takers for Braun ... if they eat a liile of the contract.  Garza is another thing.

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on January 31, 2016, 05:40:06 PM
I still say he comes up with the group.

I think he comes up towards the end of May if he is hitting well. By waiting until mid-season, it gives the team one more year of salary control before he hits arby.

neutral

I wouldn't mind seeing what Villar could do as the every-day SS ... for a year anyways.

littleguy301

Quote from: neutral on February 01, 2016, 01:15:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing what Villar could do as the every-day SS ... for a year anyways.

I forgot. Yes I think that would be pretty good also. WOW kind of forgot we got him last year.

OK, Ghetto your right, the Brewers will wait on Arica ;D

TomM

Will they release Hank or trade him for half a litter?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"