I found us a future coach.

Started by leg turk, January 29, 2016, 12:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: Micah on February 02, 2016, 01:27:01 PM
My brother coached at Sycamore for a few years in the smaller division so I would watch their state tournament and it is a step up in total quality compared to Wisconsin.  The top guys are on par with the top guys in Wisconsin but the depth is different.  They also have a lot more people which makes a difference.  To me Illinois is a sleeping giant similar to tOSU was before Ryan.  Although, there are 4 D1 wrestling schools in Illinois.

Good program there in Sycamore.  My father started out as an assistant coach there.  That's also where I started wrestling. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ivan Stankowski

If i had to pick one guy out of all the young guns out there I would take Chris Perry!! Can't miss!!!

Micah

Quote from: imnofish on February 02, 2016, 04:32:10 PM
My brother coached at Sycamore for a few years in the smaller division so I would watch their state tournament and it is a step up in total quality compared to Wisconsin.  The top guys are on par with the top guys in Wisconsin but the depth is different.  They also have a lot more people which makes a difference.  To me Illinois is a sleeping giant similar to tOSU was before Ryan.  Although, there are 4 D1 wrestling schools in Illinois.

Good program there in Sycamore.  My father started out as an assistant coach there.  That's also where I started wrestling. 

It is, he was head coach a few years after Chauncey, always made it to state but could never beat Montini.

imnofish

Quote from: Micah on February 02, 2016, 05:43:47 PM
Quote from: imnofish on February 02, 2016, 04:32:10 PM

It is, he was head coach a few years after Chauncey, always made it to state but could never beat Montini.

Montini is a tough nut to crack.   :P 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

stp

Quote from: coconut joe on February 03, 2016, 12:22:30 AM

AD seems very thankful he didn't go to UW.

He also sounds interested in competing internationally and staying where he is. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.