SWAL / SWC Clash 2016

Started by ankle pick, January 28, 2016, 09:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Anyone know which Fennimore coach got booted and why?  Trackwrestling says flagrant misconduct by a coach, -3 team points.

boz21

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 07, 2016, 10:36:36 PM
Anyone know which Fennimore coach got booted and why?  Trackwrestling says flagrant misconduct by a coach, -3 team points.
Wardell, he might be a volunteer coach but he was coaching at some point throughout the day from the coaches chair on mat.  Once he got in the altercation that's when the decision was made to deduct team points.  Too bad it went that far.  Wardell missed his kids third place match that was pretty much with 5 seconds left and down by one point before he threw a head steal and got the takedown before time ran out. 

Hyde

Wardell and a Riverdale fan. I don't know for sure who started it. Shouldn't matter. I have know Idea why mineral point was so dumb and put Riverdale, Fennimore and River Vally all in one section. It wasn't good all day. My only thought was that they wanted the other side of the gym for themselves.

jw52

They should've cuffed him up and taken him to county. No place for doing that there. They knew each other, Wardell defected from riverdale. Kind of ironic since Wardell sucker punched the other guy, I felt that the fennimore program walked away with the black eye.

Side note, the second most classless thing I saw was the ref (Kurt laird) screaming at the liegels, who were questioning his call. Which was a terrible call IMO. There was a coach there who deserved to be told to sit down and shut up, but Ralph and Scott were on the bottom of that list.

Hyde

Kurt loves to put on a show. Look at me!!!  That one was pretty bad. Nutter not getting called for cations was bad. I don't think Harry could see him moving his ankle after he was set. That's why the second ref need to say something. At least the matches don't really count

beagle

As far as RV winning if they had 3 more wrestlers you could say the last place team would have won if they had 10 more good wrestlers. As far as the Nutter Hatfield match I don't think the cautions by either wrestler, called or not called, was a factor in the match as it was not that close.  Cautions are not worth 5 points.  As far as the incident I would hope to never see anything like that at a wrestling match, there is no place for it.  Im guessing that guy will have to answer for that in some type of legal setting.

Overall there are a lot of adults that acted very unsportsmanlike.  There was a very negative vibe in that gym that day for people loudly rooting against kids.  I think some adults forget it is about the kids and the kids definitely didn't do anything wrong, they were there competing and working as hard as they could toward their goals. 

Hyde

Everyone is intitled to their opinion.  I like the beagle nickname. Let me guess bulldog plus eagle gave u the beagle. Or was it boscobel plus eagle. Either way welcome to forum