SWAL / SWC Clash 2016

Started by ankle pick, January 28, 2016, 09:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jw52

Quote from: boowrestle on February 03, 2016, 01:46:59 PM
jw52,best conference tourney in the state?/very debatable ;)/Id really like to see a dual meet between SWAL/SWC Clash champs vs the Badger Conference champs,it would be a meet to remember!!Good luck to everybody!

I was thinking the same about the conference duals. That would be awesome! We all have our favorites. I will stick by my statement for nothing more than some conversation provoking banter!

jw52

SWAL/SWC dual vs. Badger N/S

106 -  Licht - River Valley dec. over Zeke Smith (SAUK)    3-0
113 - Brandon Klein (STO) dec. over Sarbacker- Iowa Grant  3-3
120 -  Lull - Fennimore MD over Caleb Louis (STO)               7-3 
126 -  Nutter - Fennimore fall over Tristan Jenny(STO)         13-3
132 - Drew Fjoser (SaUK) fall over Maylor - Iowa Grant        13-9
138 - Garrett Model (STO) dec over Forseth - Mineral Point   13-12
145 - Colin Kraus (STO) fall over Wipperfurth River Valley      13-18
152 - Eddie Smith (SAUK) dec over  Liegel River Valley          13-21
160 - Alt - River Valley dec Jackson Hemauer (DEFO)             16-21
170 -  Pittz - Mineral Point Dec overAlex Schodin (DEFO)         19-21
182 - Matt Blome  (MT.HO) dec over Blosch - Darlington          19-24
195 - Dalton Hahn  (REED) dec over  Troxel - Riverdale            19-27
220 - Wetter - Dodgeville Fall over Traiten Gorr (MONR)         25-27
285 -  Calvert Dodgeville fall over Konnor McNeal     (SAUK)    31-27

ElectricGuy

JW - that was quite a homer post.  lol

106 - it would be Shea - with probably a win
120 - not a MD
126 - not a pin
160 - Toss up
220 - Gorr I think would win

But here is where the conferences separate. 

Put your second place finishers against Badgers second place finishers and third against third.   Probably would have a few Badger dual blowouts.  At the very top - pretty even, but not when it comes to depth IMO
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

jw52

Electric- thanks for the "homer" label. I just posted predictions from badger conf. thread and same from clash. You could be right at the lower weights, I haven't seen the Stoughton boys wrestle. Lull is pretty good and Nutter is a thrower and a pinner. 220, I will stick with my pick, based on Bi-State results. Badger Conf. should have more depth, since most are D1 or big D2 schools. Either way, would be a fun dual to watch and to talk about.

fastnfurious

Didn't Hemauer beat Alt this year pretty handily?

Hyde

I wouldn't say handily. It was something like 6-3or 6-4 with 20 seconds left or so and Alt tried to throw. Got caught and gave up 2td and 2nf

Hyde

106 Licht/Pittz
113 Lull/Sawbacker
120 Blair/Beers
126 Hatfield/Nutter
132 Maylor/Jennings
138 Tollefson/Foreseth
145 Wipperforth/Schmidt
152 Liegel/Roen
160 Alt/Mc Reynolds
170 Pittz/Mahoney
182 Blosch/Ronnfeldt
195 Hall/Troxel
220 Wetter/Hatfield
Hwt Obrien/Calvert
220 Wetter/evanstad
Hwt Obrien/Calvert

Hyde

Here are my picks after seeing brackets and wow did Fennimore get some good draws
106 Licht/Wiegel
113 Lull/Sarbacker
120Blair/Beers
126 Hatfield/Nutter
132Maylor/Austin
138Tollefson/Forseth
145Wipperfurth/Wardelll
152Liegel/Reynolds
160Peat/Workman
170 Alt/Pittz
182Wallace /Ronnfeldt
195Hall/Troxel
220Wetter/Evansrad
Hwt Obrien/Calvert
Team
Fennimore
Mp
Rv (Missing 3 weights.  If full team would win)

ankle pick

bulldog90

JW don't wanna come out and say his boy handled Gorr pretty easily at bistate. Watched online and 6 for the swal there.

Once I saw RV only had 11 I figured it would be difficult for them. Placing down to 8th favors the full rosters. 

Hyde

Alt just went up to wrestle pittz.
I thought Pittz looked tough. If he wrestles that way the rest of February.  Look out!

jw52

I was really impressed by a few kids who wrestled extremely well yesterday. I am sure I will miss some, but Pittz and Alt didn't disappoint. I think both are very good, but Scottie looked all of 170, and giving up a solid ten pounds was Alts downfall. Troxel match was pretty exciting even though he was never in danger of losing. Licht and Weigel was exciting. 113 had some "junk" in the match that was uncalled for and hopefully both those boys clean it up. Nutter is great and wrestled a good match. After "the incident" it was really hard to cheer for the Fennimore kids. The match that started "the incident" was a great match. Terrible that both adult parties involved acted the way they did. 

Hyde

I toldly agree with you jw52.  If I was in charge at Riverdale next Saturday. I wouldn't let either one of those guys in the school. Hopefully the two guys realize the horrible thing they did.

PCA

What happened was it the parents, coaches, Or the kids

jw52

It was The parents. Kids wrestled a great match. I would like to watch them wrestle for the next two weeks!