SWAL / SWC Clash 2016

Started by ankle pick, January 28, 2016, 09:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ankle pick

Who's going to win this thing?  I think Valley has enough this year to take it all, but Mineral Point and Fennimore will be right there with them.

Anybody want to take a stab at individual champs?  Here is mine.

106.  Licht - River Valley
113.  Sarbacker- Iowa Grant
120.  Lull - Fennimore
126.  Nutter - Fennimore
132.  Maylor - Iowa Grant
138.  Forseth - Mineral Point
145.  Donar  - Cuba City
152.  Roen - Riverdale
160.  Alt - River Valley
170.  Pittz - Mineral Point
182.  Blosch - Darlington
195.  Troxel - Riverdale
220.  Wetter - Dodgeville
285.  Obrien - Fennimore

jw52

106.  Licht - River Valley dec. over Pittz M.P
113.  Sarbacker- Iowa Grant dec. over Radtke River Valley
120.  Lull - Fennimore fall over Alt River Valley?(no clue who is here)
126.  Nutter - Fennimore fall over Hatfield River Valley
132.  Maylor - Iowa Grant fall over Rogge PDC
138.  Forseth - Mineral Point Dec. over Phelan Dodgeville
145.  Wipperfurth River Valley Dec. over Schmitz M.P.
152.  Liegel River Valley Dec. over Roen Riverdale
160.  Alt - River Valley major dec. over Reynolds Lancaster
170.  Pittz - Mineral Point major Dec. over Weber Dodgeville
182.  Blosch - Darlington dec. over Ronnfeldt PDC
195.  Troxel - Riverdale over Hall PDC
220.  Wetter - Dodgeville Fall over Evanstad Darlington
285.  Calvert Dodgeville fall over Obrien - Fennimore

Hyde

Pretty much agree with you JW on your picks. I think haffield nutter is going to be good. I heard that either Blair or Lull will be at113 and the other at 120. Also Beers was at 120 last night.

CLC FAN

Anyone have any idea how the dual between Fennimore and Mineral Point went?  Could have big implications for the Clash and Regional seeding.

jw52

Fennimore won the dual 32 to 25? They won a couple matches I thought point would win and point gave up some bonus points where I thought they wouldn't.

Fennimore will have a couple wild cards at the lower weights. Lull beats whoever is at 120 or 113. The Blair kid has bulldog blood and could also be on top of the podium.

As always there will be some very good finals matches between highly ranked kids. I was hoping that Pittz would go to 160 and wrestle alt. Liegel and Roen will be another good one. It would be cool if they did random draw for the finals.

Hyde

Jw Pittz can't go to 160 to wrestle Alt. He wrestled 195 last night. In order to wrestle that he had to weigh in at 173. Can't drop to 163 by rule.
I thought the two schimt boys losing diffently hurt mp last night. More Boone than anything. Wardell should have been nailed for stalling in that last 20 seconds, but there was no way Kurt was calling that.

Rat

Quote from: Hyde on January 30, 2016, 08:40:55 AM
Jw Pittz can't go to 160 to wrestle Alt. He wrestled 195 last night. In order to wrestle that he had to weigh in at 173. Can't drop to 163 by rule.
I thought the two schimt boys losing diffently hurt mp last night. More Boone than anything. Wardell should have been nailed for stalling in that last 20 seconds, but there was no way Kurt was calling that.

Ok I may be wrong on this but if Pittz weighed in at 164 last night he can go up 2 weight classes and wrestle 195 and still make 160 tourney time.Is this right?

jw52

The way I understand it is you can only go up one weight class. You can lose a half pound a day. To wrestle 160 at conference he would've had to weigh 165ish last night, to go 160 at regionals 170? He will be fine. He looks big and healthy at 170 and could add to the list of MP state champs this year.

Hyde, I also agree with you. A lot of defense from the yellow singlets. There were times when it appeared a few of the Fenn. kids could've really opened up, but were content to hang on for the win.

PCA

jw52

Best conference tourney in the state and not much chatter. What matches is everyone looking forward to?

JoJo

D. Pittz over Kenny 14-3
Carey over Wanek 2-0
Lull over Cox 20-3
Blair over L.Schmitz 5-4
Nutter pinned Schaaf
Tollefson over Forseth 12-6
Wardell over B.Schmitz 3-2
Sanchez pinned Klaas
Workman over Cleven 8-4
Kaschub over Pilling 10-7
Wallace pinned Leffler
Pitz over Heberlein 14-3
McCullough pinned Juedes
O'Brien over Cummings 7-0

Rat

jw52

Quote from: Rat on February 02, 2016, 09:35:04 PM
who is Kenney?

He is the kid on Southpark with the Orange Hoodie. Kinda hard to understand.

boowrestle

jw52,best conference tourney in the state?/very debatable ;)/Id really like to see a dual meet between SWAL/SWC Clash champs vs the Badger Conference champs,it would be a meet to remember!!Good luck to everybody!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

Quote from: Rat on January 30, 2016, 09:23:25 AM
Quote from: Hyde on January 30, 2016, 08:40:55 AM

Ok I may be wrong on this but if Pittz weighed in at 164 last night he can go up 2 weight classes and wrestle 195 and still make 160 tourney time.Is this right?

You can wrestle up one weight class. If he weighed 162.1, he could wrestle 170 or 182.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove