RIP Grizzly Adams

Started by ramjet, January 15, 2016, 01:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Dan Haggerty man o man Cancer age 74

bigG

My favorite show when I was a dinker.

RIP Dan.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

imnofish

Quote from: woody53 on January 19, 2016, 05:12:07 PM
Quote from: bigG on January 19, 2016, 04:43:20 PM
My favorite show when I was a dinker.

RIP Dan.
A "dinker"?

I hope bigG didn't mean "drinker."  Maybe he was referring to being a little kid?  Otherwise, reminds me of the games "Bob" and "Smurf" that were once popular on college campuses.  Not sure what the trigger word would have been for Grizzly Adams, though...   "Ben" maybe?  

Sad to see the guy pass at such a young age, though.  His show was the kind of good, clean, family entertainment that we so sorely need today.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

When I was a kid, yes. Sorry, "dinker" must be a colloquialism.  :)

"They call me Mad Jack..."

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 08:09:33 AM
When I was a kid, yes. Sorry, "dinker" must be a colloquialism.  :)

"They call me Mad Jack..."

Thanks for clarifying.  I am so relieved.   :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Don't mind a brewha now and again. Most of my drinkin' is of the ice water/lemonade type, these days.

If I were a drunk, you can bet Grizzly Adams would still be one of my favorites.

One of the greatest Far Sides was inspired by Grizzly Adams.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 02:00:35 PM
Don't mind a brewha now and again. Most of my drinkin' is of the ice water/lemonade type, these days.

If I were a drunk, you can bet Grizzly Adams would still be one of my favorites.

Far Side?  Me like!   8)

woody53

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 02:00:35 PM
Buffalo Bill ! Grizzly Adams ! And Pigeon Jim ! LOL !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

littleguy301

I watched the old Grizzlly Admans as a youth. I thought having a pet bear was cool but my dad wanted me to stick with pet cows.

With all this talk about drinking,,,,,thanks Big G ;D,,,,,,,,,didnt old grizzly like to party it up back in the day?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

I was also thinking of the Far Side with Grizzly Adams missing his arm, chatting with a friend over coffee as Ben the bear is eating in front of them, with just a hook where his right hand used to be:"yup, raised him from a cub; 'Course we had to get a few things straight...he don't follow me into town no more, and I don't take his food bowl away 'til he's done eatin'."

Gary Larson=Genius