Coach Larry Ward & EL/HG

Started by CLC FAN, January 14, 2016, 10:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Just wanted to send a big shout out to Elkhart Lake / Howards Grove coach Larry Ward, his wrestlers and his staff.  Tonight the Resorters (and Tigers?) knocked off Oostburg 44-33, winning 7 out of 10 contested matches.  Somebody else might know the last time that happened; I myself do not.  This has not been a one year process.  Larry has been working hard with the middle school and building numbers and depth.  For years, anytime we wrestled EL I always came away impressed and glad that we had the warm bodies to win the dual.  Last year the injury bug struck at the wrong time, but this year it looks like the team is stacked and the boys are having quite the season.  Good planning by Coach Rebedew 17 or so years ago  ;) ?

Hats off to you, gents.

ELG

Thank you CLC! We do have 1 wrestler from H.G in Matthew Schorer @ 220# who is having an incredible year.  We started a M.S. program last year in The Grove and had good numbers. It takes time to have those kids transition through middle school.  It will definitely help our recruiting with their classmates seeing the success of the team.  As you are well aware of it is a blast being able to compete as a team.

In regards to Coach Rebedew, yes he was busy back in the late 90's😉. Trevor graduated last year, Trent graduates this year, Troy is a sophomore and his step son Cody is a freshman.  We also have his youngest son Trayden in 3rd grade.

Thanks again for the kind remarks.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"