Opening Day Line-up

Started by Houndhead, January 08, 2016, 07:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

I've seen worse.  Would love to see an upgrade at 2B.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

mickey

I read today that Lucroy feels he's too old be on a "rebuilding Team" and he would rather the Brewers trade him....

littleguy301

I dont think they will be bad but I will say I believe there will be some balls leaving the park with Carter, Braun and Davis. O ya,,,there will be some really big swings and misses in there also. Lots of what the heck moments.

Isnt Arcia the SS of the future and is he ready. If he is I say move Seagrua to 2B but what do I know.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I think the Brewers will follow the same pattern of bringing guys up as a group, like they did with Fielder, Weeks, etc. It worked in the past for them, so I don't think they'll bring up Arcia until his group is ready.

I wonder if they'll platoon at second and hope Gennett gets hot enough to deal him for some infield chalk. If you move Segura to second, he becomes a better than average defensive player, and his offensive numbers would be acceptable for that position.

I'd hate to see Lucroy go, but I get it if he wants to go. Finding a catcher with above average offensive skills is rare though. They'd need something great for him.

Gennett is the only left handed bat in the lineup that I see.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Ghetto, I am not to sure about the current management if they will wait on a guy like Arcia. If Segura struggles or Gennett, and Arcia is hot I see them make the move.

With Lucroy, I say get him on his feet after last year and come trade deadline start dangling him and if he is having a year like 2014 then I think the Brewers could land some serious minor league tanlent and maybe a young buck with a nice "tag" on him.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

I think they will only wait long enough with Arcia to save a year of arby eligibility.

neutral

I was surprised to see Lucroy say that ... that way - not that I hold it against him.  Lord knows that (as a lifelong Cubs fan) I've seen more many deserving players never make it to the World Series - But he makes it sound as if the Brewers won't make it while he's playing ... which I certainly hope isn't the case.

I would have preferred to hear him say that trade might be in the best interest of both himself and the team - giving him a better shot at a W.S. ... and the team a better chance to turn one of their few assets into pieces for the future (at as close to the peak of his value as possible).

Most BB people think it will happen in an off-season ... rather than at the trade deadline - since unlike other position players ... developing a working familiarity with the pitching staff is very important and more difficult to do effectively in the middle of the season.  Pitchers are not big fans of change in routine and familiarity.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."