weight class thoughts

Started by oneshot, December 17, 2015, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneshot

Quote from: ramjet on December 28, 2015, 12:14:33 PM
Quote from: oneshot on December 22, 2015, 03:24:13 PM
Mack and ramjet - I really came on this forum looking for advice...maybe you should start a thread that is labeled "pointless comments". I don't believe parents wrestling off for their kids weight class or challenging another parent will solve any problems.

Well I will say this then; Why take a situation and ask parenting advice from a bunch of faceless nameless people on the Internet? Be an adult and parent and handle this situation.......how is that for a serious answer?

Ramjet...Is your comment directed at me calling you out for hijacking a post to practice your stand-up routine. If so then...WOW...that is about the biggest A-Hole answer I have seen on this forum. Maybe you should re-read it. Also...How does asking a question of other have any bearing on if you are an adult?

If you read the question it was not asking for anything related to parenting advice...whatsoever. BUT asking a question regarding how others would handle a situation is a great way to be an adult AND a parent.

For you to reply this way would indicate...you are not an adult and not a parent (age and sperm contribution does not necessarily make you an adult or a parent). Once I had kids I asked more questions of others then I did before I had kids. Some call that maturity.

Also, wouldn't asking for advice from others that may have been in the same situation indicate a rather mature person? I guess I have never felt I couldn't learn from others. Must be nice that you are so blessed that others don't have anything to offer you. Or is it better to stomp your feet and tell others to "Be an adult and handle the situation"? Because your answer sure seems helpful.

It was a serious question...I guess you are one of those people that never ask for advice. Keep your words of wisdom in mind next time you ask for information? The answer everyone should give you from this point forward whenever you ask a question is "Be an adult and parent and handle this situation". Nice...answer. Hey...when your kid gets to be an adult give them the same answer...

Very "ADULT" of you ramjet...

oneshot

AND...I do have to say, Mack was ADULT enough to admit that his shot at humor really did nothing to help the conversation. That seemed to be an adult response. Thank you Mack.

I don't have a problem with the "cute/funny" little sidebars many of the threads take sometimes but it was very early in the thread and it was turning into a nonsense string about calling out another parent and challenging him to a wrestle off. That was not helping....

ElectricGuy

Quote from: oneshot on December 28, 2015, 01:41:45 PM
AND...I do have to say, Mack was ADULT enough to admit that his shot at humor really did nothing to help the conversation.

BTW - Mack is a gal,  I'm pretty sure anything to the contrary will be a shock to Mack's hubby. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

oneshot

HA!!! Yes...I will lighten up...now that I know Mack is a female that makes her comments so much better. Thanks ElectricGuy for pointing that out. If those comments came from a guy then I guess it would have been different. The gender of Mack really made a difference didn't it?

And Ramjet...I apologize...your advice is genius.

Let's see..ramreject says: "Have the parents wrestle off"..."be an adult and parent and handle this situation"..."LOL...Lighten up for crying out loud"

think about it ramreject...kid starts new school. Has a parent (not another student) asking him repetitively about his weight class plans. Not a parent he knows (because he is new). Said parent is being rather vocal about it.

And YOU feel it is all okay? Gotcha...

Maybe I am being a bit touchy about this because it is a kid and he is trying to fit in but I will take ramitupyourjet's advice and challenge this parent to a wrestle off because that is funny and good advice....

firemanscarry

Oneshot, you do realize that you're the one fanning the flames here, right?  A couple people tried to crack a few harmless jokes in the middle of a fairly earnest discussion and you got really upset by what is fairly normal message board behavior.  No one was insulting anyone until you got bent out of shape over nothing.  Now you have a little whizzing match going with ramjet and you're trying to see just how childish you can get with it.

You started out with a serious question, got several sincere replies and then lashed out over a tiny offense.  The net result may be that people who took you seriously now kind of see you as someone who is easily offended and likes to paint himself as a victim.  Casts doubt on everything you say. Sorry if that's harsh, but you seem to want things to be very earnest.
"If ya wanna be the man, ya gotta beat the man!"

oneshot

firemanscary...you are right...I let the jabs get to me because I felt ramjet and mack were making light of something I saw as a rather serious topic. I don't like to see some of the topics that start out as interesting topics turn into a series of juvenile jabs that happens sometimes but you are right. It is typically light fun. Ramjet and Mack...sorry I let may feelings on the topic get to me. I should have just ignored your fun and focused on the serious answers.

Thanks again for the good advice. Sorry guys

bigG

I gotta admit. I laughed at the wrestle off idea. Unlimited visuals.

I also think you got some nice responses. Dale should have his own weekly read in the newspaper.

Any updates on your dilemma?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

oneshot

In all honesty...after I thought about it...I laughed a bit too at the idea of parental wrestle offs. And I got some good thoughts from ramjet off line. Thanks for the advice ramjet.

Mack

Thanks, Oneshot.  Again...sorry about that.  This thread gave me flashbacks of middle and high school; my knack for goofing off always got me in trouble then too.

I did try to give sincere input about a thousand posts ago, before I got side tracked with my nonsense. I guess I think laughing isn't the worst suggestion to your quandary though.  In my experience, intense emotion impairs my judgement, and makes me less likely to see things clearly/objectively.  Over the years, I can't think of anything related to wrestling that has been so serious we couldn't find a way to eventually laugh about it, or poke fun at ourselves. This approach has been good for our mental health as parents, and probably good for our kids.

Just offering an explanation here. Not preaching.

And, yes, thanks a lot for outing me, Electric Guy.  I'm a Mom, with a really masculine screen name, "Mack".  Not sure what delusion I was experiencing when I chose that name; you can believe I get plenty of grief for it from people who know me, and are on the forum.  :)

That is all.

littleguy301

still a faceless screen name for me Mack so no worries here.

After all the years on this forum I usually expect about any threads to have some smart butt response in them and Yes Mack yours made me laugh also though it was at the expense of oneshots situation.

oneshot, I hope you find a solution to your situation. I do feel it will play out just fine after some time though I would bet your have a head ache dealing with it up front.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

hey hey hey do not going tell this group that I am trying to help, it will ruin my online tough guy persona...😀😀😀😀

In a nut shell I suggested the coach was most likely already aware of the situation and to let it work out as long one shots son was not being physically or verbally threatened. I also guessed the coach was most like already approached by the "other" parent and the coach already dealt with the situation. (Hence the parent going to plan B and approaching one shots son) Plus one shots son should just stay the course and worry about his wrestling working hard and getting better and not get caught up in the other parents misery. I also suggested that one shot NOT go to the coach as long as there is not a threat of physical or verbal harm going on. 99% of the coaches have firm and distinct grasp of what's going on in thier wrestling room.

Grappler

im sad this is the top post on this forum after a couple days of great tournaments in our state.who the inappropriate term3 cares

bulldog

Quote from: Grappler on December 31, 2015, 10:26:23 AM
im sad this is the top post on this forum after a couple days of great tournaments in our state.who the blazes cares

And just when you thought it was safe to come back on the forum...