weight class thoughts

Started by oneshot, December 17, 2015, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkKnight

Tell him straight up. if he reacts violently, then he has the problem... not you. you shouldn't worry about him, except maybe feel sorry for him if he cant understand he doesn't control what your son does.

littleguy301

Quote from: Mack on December 18, 2015, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: ramjet on December 17, 2015, 02:38:59 PM
Quote from: Mack on December 17, 2015, 10:43:55 AM
I would challenge the dad to a wrestle off.  Done.

Thank you I spit coffee all over the table.....that was awesome and very funny.

Thank you, Ramjet.  I usually have more self control, as I am often tempted to throw some jackwagonry into serious forum discussions.

I wrote and deleted other suggestions, like using mime, or breaking into song with your point of view, because we know for sure that works on TV.

That kind of foolishness makes me sound unsympathetic, which I'm not.

I laughed also,,,,,,,the mental pictures I have are priceless and I have VISA for the rest ;D ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Oldtimer

Where Dale Einerson... He may have went through this when they moved to Rapids.
Beware of the northern sleeper

Northwoods

Face it. Every weight is tough. The least being hwt. and if u don't know why Hwt would be the easiest then seriously, tough poop.And even HWT is tough not doggin it.
Wisconsin wrestling #1

bigG

I don't know of any wrestler ever who could have hung with Alex Karolyn when he wrestled. Possibly the best wrestler in history was a hwt.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bulldog

Quote from: Northwoods on December 21, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
Face it. Every weight is tough. The least being hwt. and if u don't know why Hwt would be the easiest then seriously, tough poop.And even HWT is tough not doggin it.

Northwoods...interesting comment...how does it pertain to the question posed? Maybe you wanted to start a new thread called "Tough weight classes"?

We are dealing with similar situation oneshot has this year. We simply talked to the parent and explained cutting before conference was not an option and our kid (the wrestler) would keep the coach in the loop on his plans to drop or not drop to the lower weight class. That it was a discussion for the coach and the wrestler and if the coach wanted our involvement we let him know to feel free to talk to us anytime.

Not sure if that ended it but it has been quiet for a couple weeks. I have noticed that the other dad is talking to the coach much more...sorry coach

imnofish

Quote from: bulldog on December 22, 2015, 07:57:38 AM
Quote from: Northwoods on December 21, 2015, 04:31:06 PM

Northwoods...interesting comment...how does it pertain to the question posed? Maybe you wanted to start a new thread called "Tough weight classes"?

We are dealing with similar situation oneshot has this year. We simply talked to the parent and explained cutting before conference was not an option and our kid (the wrestler) would keep the coach in the loop on his plans to drop or not drop to the lower weight class. That it was a discussion for the coach and the wrestler and if the coach wanted our involvement we let him know to feel free to talk to us anytime.

Not sure if that ended it but it has been quiet for a couple weeks. I have noticed that the other dad is talking to the coach much more...sorry coach

Sounds like you handled it well, Bulldog.  Hopefully, it all works out well for the rest of the season.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bulldog

Thanks imnofish...I don't know if it was handled well but I hope it took the situation out of 2 parents hands and put it where it should be...in the wrestling room between the coach and the athletes. I figure the coach will either tell the other wrestler to challenge for a wrestle off or he will just have to wait and see what happens. My kid has been up front with the coach and has told them when he is thinking of dropping and said it is about 80% that he will drop at all.

Hopefully there is no animosity from the other wrestler but I don't think there is. I got a feeling in this situation it was more a parent thing then an athlete thing...

Jimmy

Ninety nine percent parent thing.

Mack

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 21, 2015, 07:30:35 AM
Quote from: Mack on December 18, 2015, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: ramjet on December 17, 2015, 02:38:59 PM
Quote from: Mack on December 17, 2015, 10:43:55 AM
I would challenge the dad to a wrestle off.  Done.

Thank you I spit coffee all over the table.....that was awesome and very funny.

Thank you, Ramjet.  I usually have more self control, as I am often tempted to throw some jackwagonry into serious forum discussions.

I wrote and deleted other suggestions, like using mime, or breaking into song with your point of view, because we know for sure that works on TV.

That kind of foolishness makes me sound unsympathetic, which I'm not.

I laughed also,,,,,,,the mental pictures I have are priceless and I have VISA for the rest ;D ;)

I think a lot of the differences between fans and between parents could be settled by adult wrestle offs, and/or duel by sword.  Just something to consider.

Ivan Stankowski

I have one question.

Why doesn't the coach have any say in this? Who is running the Team/Program? Very interesting!

ramjet

Wrestle off.

Invite the parents to the wrestle off on full mats.

team mates remain neutral

regulation time.

controversy solved

neutral ref certified if possible

weigh in included

Mack

Quote from: ramjet on December 22, 2015, 12:36:48 PM
Wrestle off.

regulation time.

controversy solved

weigh in included

Exactly!!!  You gotta give the parents time to make weight though.   Because that's fair.

imwi

Quote from: Mack on December 22, 2015, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: ramjet on December 22, 2015, 12:36:48 PM
Wrestle off.

regulation time.

controversy solved

weigh in included

Exactly!!!  You gotta give the parents time to make weight though.   Because that's fair.

half a pound day....this could take a really long time

bulldog

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on December 22, 2015, 11:57:31 AM
I have one question.

Why doesn't the coach have any say in this? Who is running the Team/Program? Very interesting!

I don't think it was indicated that the coach didn't have a say. The way I read it is that the parent has been bugging the other kid and his parents about dropping a weight class. I am guessing that the coach may have not even been aware of what this parent is doing. I don't think this is any type of reflection on the coach, team or program.

I have seen for years parents talking to each other before season to "get a feel" where kids on the team may be going. I don't think I have ever had a coach involved in these "on the side" conversations.