threw

not suire where I should use either of them ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 14, 2016, 10:36:20 AM
through
threw

I through up so much that I sincerely hope to be threw with the flu.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

MNbadger

there
their
they're

dominant
dominate

These two words are constantly misused (something I hate to say I see most on wrestling sites).

A wrestler can dominate his opponent.
He is a dominant wrestler.
The MN wrestler was dominant in the Thursday night dual.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

You row the boat by using oars.  Some people are apparently very confused and keep trying to oar the boat. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

descent vs decent  If you do a decent job of flying the airplane, maybe the descent will be less terrifying.

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on January 14, 2016, 10:38:15 AM
through
threw

whatever you college educated guy!

Maybe the last time we talkied I should have threw you through the door,,,,o wait did I do that right? Heck how about I buy you one instead ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Side Note: I am not a violent guy! more of a bat moon hippie!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 14, 2016, 11:06:08 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 14, 2016, 10:38:15 AM
through
threw

whatever you college educated guy!

Maybe the last time we talkied I should have threw you through the door,,,,o wait did I do that right? Heck how about I buy you one instead ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Side Note: I am not a violent guy! more of a bat moon hippie!

Hey!  I resemble...   er, resent that statement!   ;D

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

bigG

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 10:12:32 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 13, 2016, 11:45:50 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 13, 2016, 10:42:48 PM
wait
weight
weigh

made at 6 pm the night of a dual I sure hear those 3 words alot and in many different sentences!

No way!   :D

The Fish has been posting some of his thoughts in red recently....The dude must miss grading papers? He's breaking out the dreaded "red pen".

Red pencil, back in the day. Seemed like only teacher had access to the dreaded red pencil with the metal cap where the eraser usually sit son most pencils.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 15, 2016, 11:11:38 AM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 10:12:32 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 13, 2016, 11:45:50 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 13, 2016, 10:42:48 PM
wait
weight
weigh

made at 6 pm the night of a dual I sure hear those 3 words alot and in many different sentences!

No way!   :D

The Fish has been posting some of his thoughts in red recently....The dude must miss grading papers? He's breaking out the dreaded "red pen".

Red pencil, back in the day. Seemed like only teacher had access to the dreaded red pencil with the metal cap where the eraser usually sit son most pencils.

I always preferred red pen; no need to sharpen them.   :)

SuperDuck

Oh well, IRREGARDLESS, I have the best grammar on here!

Not sure when people decided to combine regardless and irrespective, but this one is my second biggest pet peeve. 
My biggest?  "Oh...my god...I LITERALLY died when I heard that."  Really?  You didn't figuratively die, you LITERALLY died?

bigG

"Well... I got bettah."-Monty Python-Dude that got turned into a newt(but, I guess it didn't stick).

My fav is having to announce "I have a question" before asking it. Oh, great, thanks, now I have time to prep.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on March 01, 2016, 07:36:32 AM
"Well... I got bettah."-Monty Python-Dude that got turned into a newt(but, I guess it didn't stick).

My fav is having to announce "I have a question" before asking it. Oh, great, thanks, now I have time to prep.

I had a high school classmate who frequently raised her hand and asked, "Can I have a question?"  Our history teacher cracked me up when he replied, "Was that it?  Would you like to ask me something about the lesson, too?" 

Dale Einerson

Quote from: Oldtimer on December 16, 2015, 12:13:37 PM
My wife does this too.  Just a slight correction.  If we are saying "we could care less", in the English language that means we care a lot.  Most people in the context should be saying "we couldn't care less" meaning we don't give a hoot.

I know  schmarty pants me.  I need to get over this some day.

Actually, it may mean you care a lot, it may mean you care just a little bit more than not at all...  ;)