any Hot Stove thoughts ?

Started by neutral, December 04, 2015, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSnide

Quote from: Ghetto on December 31, 2015, 01:05:21 PM
I doubt they'll trade Lucroy. His number isn't very high, and he's an above average player. The Brewers got over on his contract big time. Lucroy definitely gave the home town discount.

Which is why he is one of the few with value if they are going to do a complete rebuild.  I would trade Lucroy but only if it was a blow me away offer of prospects.  Part of that is I hate to see Lucroy waste what is left of his good playing years on a rebuiliding team with no hopeof winning.  By the time they get good he will be gone or too old. If they don't trade him by Spring Training they probably won't - a lot of teams don't like picking up catchers in mid season due to chemistry with the pitchers.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

DrSnide

Quote from: easytopin on December 31, 2015, 02:00:52 PM
We couldn't trade Davis for a clubhouse big screen tv?

would suprise me if they don't.  Basically have to many outfielders as it is and Santana needs to slide into that slot - just not a CF. 

TomM

Anybody have one of those outdoor patio wood burners for heat, mainly summer use called a Chiminea?
I have two on different brick patios... love the idea.  Have never fired one up though... in 10 years.
What's the secret... ? Gotta start using those things...

Sorry... the 'hot stove' thing just got me thinkin'....

Oh, and the Brewers? Are they still in Milwaukee? Thought they moved to Atlanta.  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DrSnide

I hear Hank is on the trading block - pretty old for a rebuilding team.  Probably find some mutt from the pound to hold his mascot spot for less dog treats until they develop another dog.

ougiqbxy

Quote from: DrSnide on January 05, 2016, 02:19:55 PM
I doubt they'll trade Lucroy. His number isn't very high, and he's an above average player. The Brewers got over on his contract big time. Lucroy definitely gave the home town discount.

Which is why he is one of the few with value if they are going to do a complete rebuild.  I would trade Lucroy but only if it was a blow me away offer of prospects.  Part of that is I hate to see Lucroy waste what is left of his good playing years on a rebuiliding team with no hopeof winning.  By the time they get good he will be gone or too old. If they don't trade him by Spring Training they probably won't - a lot of teams don't like picking up catchers in mid season due to chemistry with the pitchers.

Texas was in still is enamored with Lucroy, but the Brewers have wanted too much so the Rangers have backed off.  I could see them coming after Lucroy very shortly with the interest the Nationals have in finding a new catcher.  IMO Lucroy will be gone by spring training.  There's a reason the Brewers signed Yosmil Pinto.
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

DrSnide

Quote from: ougiqbxy on January 06, 2016, 08:03:34 PM
Quote from: DrSnide on January 05, 2016, 02:19:55 PM

Texas was in still is enamored with Lucroy, but the Brewers have wanted too much so the Rangers have backed off.  I could see them coming after Lucroy very shortly with the interest the Nationals have in finding a new catcher.  IMO Lucroy will be gone by spring training.  There's a reason the Brewers signed Yosmil Pinto.

They waived Pinto from the 40 man to make room for 1st baseman Chris Carter. 

Ghetto

Now Carter is a guy I can start to like. 90 bombs in three years. He can hit a Rob Deer-like average if he can hit that many HRs this season. Be a butcher at 1st for all I care. Just hit bombs buddy.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

neutral

Quote from: Ghetto on January 06, 2016, 08:41:25 PM
Now Carter is a guy I can start to like. 90 bombs in three years. He can hit a Rob Deer-like average if he can hit that many HRs this season. Be a butcher at 1st for all I care. Just hit bombs buddy.  ;D

+1 ... wouldn't be surprised to see 35-40 dingers with half his games at Miller. 

He doesn't have much else to offer - but he'll help keep the turnstyles turning.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."