MN struggles

Started by ElectricGuy, November 17, 2015, 07:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Our Big 10 neighbor to the north struggled Sunday dropping three duals - North Carolina 20-17, Lehigh 22-12 and North Carolina State 31-3

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/wrestling/2015/11/16/minnesota-drops-three-dual-meets
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Ghetto

Go over to the Guillotine for some enjoyable reading.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Ghetto on November 17, 2015, 08:05:09 AM
Go over to the Guillotine for some enjoyable reading.

I know that's where I first saw this. 

Though - I still think this sites anti-barry group is more vocal
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

TLV

Some people are suggesting that  J retire. They are NOT calling for his head as they do here for BD's. But they remember the "good old days" with Marty Morgan and want him back. I don't even know if he is in wrestling anymore.  Last I heard he had been  coaching Lesnar when he was in MMA and selling real estate. You are only as good as your last victory seems to be the theme concerning most coaches.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

3wrestle

Quote from: TLV on January 01, 2016, 04:52:31 PM
Some people are suggesting that  J retire. They are NOT calling for his head as they do here for BD's. But they remember the "good old days" with Marty Morgan and want him back. I don't even know if he is in wrestling anymore.  Last I heard he had been  coaching Lesnar when he was in MMA and selling real estate. You are only as good as your last victory seems to be the theme concerning most coaches.

Marty has been helping Jared Lawerence with the freestyle Storm team that trains in the Gopher room. He is also involved with the school program where his son attends.

littleguy301

Quote from: 3wrestle on January 01, 2016, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: TLV on January 01, 2016, 04:52:31 PM

Marty has been helping Jared Lawerence with the freestyle Storm team that trains in the Gopher room. He is also involved with the school program where his son attends.

working out in North east Minnapolis also with his boys.

Doubt he would ever go back to Minnesota though but that is just my opinion.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

While it has been widely known that Minnesota would/is going to be down this year but dont count them down for long. They have a nice recruiting class coming in and is also working on another group of high schoolers this year that should be very good.

JRod still kills it in the kitchen from what I have been told, still has the skills to get the kids there. Plus Eggum is a pretty good assistant coach that would be really liked at many colleges.

imnofish

Yes, LG; I do recall reading recently about some great recruits coming in for the Gophers and the credit reportedly goes to J. Rob.  Apparently, the old boy's still got it. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TLV

Quote from: imnofish on January 01, 2016, 11:05:30 PM
Yes, LG; I do recall reading recently about some great recruits coming in for the Gophers and the credit reportedly goes to J. Rob.  Apparently, the old boy's still got it. 

HEY!!! He's NOT that OLD!!!! ::)
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: TLV on January 02, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

How old is he?  He looks old to me and I'm 62.  No, my eyes aren't bad, either!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

3wrestle

Quote from: imnofish on January 02, 2016, 09:26:06 PM

How old is he?  He looks old to me and I'm 62.  No, my eyes aren't bad, either!   ;D

68 of 69 I believe we were told

Ghetto

MN backup just beat Zeke Moisey this weekend. Not so sure the cupboard is dry.

imnofish

Quote from: 3wrestle on January 02, 2016, 10:13:26 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 02, 2016, 09:26:06 PM

68 of 69 I believe we were told

Thanks for the info.  Yes, he is on the old side, compared to most wrestling coaches.  My point was that it doesn't matter, 'cause he can still do the job well.  If Minnesota fans are calling for his job, after one rebuilding year, they simply don't appreciate their blessings.  Not intended as a slam on Barry, but I think a lot of Badger fans would trade them without batting an eye.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on January 02, 2016, 10:24:33 PM
MN backup just beat Zeke Moisey this weekend. Not so sure the cupboard is dry.

O no it is not empty by any means. Just reshirts, the nice recruiting class that is in their first year and the 2016-2017 incoming recruits are going to make for a very good team in the next couple of years. Plus they have some nice kids in the program right now and next year there is going to be some very good wrestlers sitting on the bench!

Ghetto

Right LG. They are reloading. We are in agreement on that.

You have more knowledge than I do of that program. What is the key? Is it JRob? The assistants? The facilities? What?