Good news

Started by bigoil, November 16, 2015, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Guys,

Purchased gasoline for 92 cents today in the bulk market today. Add 5 cents wholesale margin, 5 cents logistics, 25 cents retail margin and 52 cents tax we will closing in on sub $1.80 soon if these prices sustain for more than a day!

Biggest tax cut for us all!!

Ghetto

You are my hero Howavi.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

that's great.  Not sure about our friends in North Dakota,but I'mhapppy
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigoil

Ghetto

I don't have any friends in ND, but I do here, where it was 1.93 last night.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Great news!  I'll take it!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Dale Einerson

Great news.

And, am I understanding what I am reading correctly when I read OPEC is still playing Uncle by producing and loading up all available storage?

npope

It's $1.72 down here in central Illinois.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

when will they decide to take down a couple refinaries for work? maybe a couple in a 400 mile radius? I hear the word outage is coming in my area which will drive the price up.

Any info on that Bigoil?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 26, 2015, 09:29:41 AM
when will they decide to take down a couple refinaries for work? maybe a couple in a 400 mile radius? I hear the word outage is coming in my area which will drive the price up.

Any info on that Bigoil?

They don't do work until spring, your big one up there just finished up a major turnaround. April is generally the earliest we see turnarounds in the Midwest. Unplanned I certainly can't predict.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on November 27, 2015, 12:19:38 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 26, 2015, 09:29:41 AM

Any info on that Bigoil?

They don't do work until spring, your big one up there just finished up a major turnaround. April is generally the earliest we see turnarounds in the Midwest. Unplanned I certainly can't predict.

in the past couple of years were there 2 out of the 3 that had the turnarounds and now I hear that the third one could be coming up for a turnaround.

I know the one in my area had a major turnaround but they may have another one to continue the increase in size/production and such. That was planned from what I gathered but I am still on the outside looking in and hearing about it through the rumor mill and with the amount of hiring and man hours they are looking at this late winter spring.

bigoil

You were referencing Unplanned disruptions plus planned maintenance from 2014 when prices went very high in April/May/June of 2014.

Flint was on a planned turnaround and Joliet has a major unit go offline.

Flint is increasing capacity and has also increased their pipeline capacity and terminals in WI. I believe they are now working on additional technology adds to meet tier 3 gasoline standards that go into effect in 2017. I believe they have something like 2-3000 contractors on site. A couple of years ago, BP had 9,500 contractors working on increasing their capacity and ability to handle heavy sour crude from Canada.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on November 28, 2015, 09:49:19 PM
You were referencing Unplanned disruptions plus planned maintenance from 2014 when prices went very high in April/May/June of 2014.

Flint is increasing capacity and has also increased their pipeline capacity and terminals in WI. I believe they are now working on additional technology adds to meet tier 3 gasoline standards that go into effect in 2017. I believe they have something like 2-3000 contractors on site. A couple of years ago, BP had 9,500 contractors working on increasing their capacity and ability to handle heavy sour crude from Canada.

that sounds more like it.

Is BP the one putting in the line through Indiana and such?

The man hours at Flint is just plan and simple out of hand what they are predicting for the next 3 years. millions of man hours and that is just breath taking!!!!!!!

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 29, 2015, 09:57:41 PM

The man hours at Flint is just plan and simple out of hand what they are predicting for the next 3 years. millions of man hours and that is just breath taking!!!!!!!

There are a couple of projects going on to the East.

Wolverine Pipeline, leaves IN to Detroit, MI (owned by a few companys, Exxon is largest owner).

Buckeye Pipeline, Leaving MI to OH.

Sunoco - Toledo, OH to Western PA.

More supply in the Midwest than demand after all these projects are complete - BP Whiting, Flint, P66 Woodriver among the biggest projects.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on November 30, 2015, 07:48:05 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 29, 2015, 09:57:41 PM

There are a couple of projects going on to the East.

Wolverine Pipeline, leaves IN to Detroit, MI (owned by a few companys, Exxon is largest owner).

Buckeye Pipeline, Leaving MI to OH.

Sunoco - Toledo, OH to Western PA.

More supply in the Midwest than demand after all these projects are complete - BP Whiting, Flint, P66 Woodriver among the biggest projects.

Exxon, there that is the one. Exxon was a cause of some conflict over right to work in Wisconsin ;D ;D ;)

filled up the truck for under 50$ last weekend. Man it has been since 08 I did that!