4. Kimberly
5. Appleton North
6. Oshkosh North
7. Fond Du Lac
8. Oshkosh West
9. Appleton East
10. Appleton West

CLC FAN

I'd switch #6 Oshkosh North with #5 Appleton North.  I would agree with all the rest.

Does the FVA do a conference tournament?

Armdrag

I'll take a shot at this one too, even though I agree way too early.....
    1) Kaukauna-enough said, best in the State until someone proves otherwise....a nationally ranked team as well!!
    2) Neenah-Has a group of young studs that really came on last year, now in my opinion they hired what will be the2nd best coach in
                    conference

3) Kimberly-very well coached, make very few mistakes that keeps them in every match, seems like every athletic team in Kimberly is
                      excelling these days!!
    4) Appleton North- with a coaching staff that boasts two DI wrestlers and several others with college experience, plus great numbers
                                every year they always seem to improve sooo much over the course of the season!
    5) Oshkosh North- seemed to slip a bit at the end of last year, I am sure that did not sit too well with them, will battle and could push
                                for the 3rd spot
    6) Hortonville- Honey moon in the FVA is over for them, they were fortunate to sneak up on teams in their first year in the conference
                          last year, that does not happen again........seem to struggle with numbers and too many open spots
    7) Fond Du Lac- this may be way too low for them, would not surprise me if they move way up to 4...a lot of young guys got
                            experience last year, could play great dividends!
    8) Oshkosh West- big fan of Coach Hartkopf!! they will not be down here for long!
    9) Appleton East- just cant seem to put many solid guys in the line up on a consistent basis
   10) Appleton West-numbers game with West, not enough bodies

CLC FAN

Quote from: Armdrag on November 03, 2015, 03:39:10 PM
Hortonville- Honey moon in the FVA is over for them, they were fortunate to sneak up on teams in their first year in the conference last year, that does not happen again

Hortonville against the FVA last year

6 - 56 loss to Kaukauna
48 - 29 over Neenah
52 - 24 over Kimberly
64 - 11 over Appleton North
48 - 18 over Oshkosh North
51 - 24 over Fond du Lac
66 - 15 over Appleton East
78 - 4 over Appleton West

I don't think it's fair to say Hortonville "snuck up" on anybody.  Snuck up is you won a close dual that somebody underestimated you in.  Hortonville straight up rocked the other teams in the FVA.  They return 11 starters from last year's regional lineup of 12, including 10 sectional qualifiers and 4 state qualifiers. 

I agree these predictions are early - but Hortonville 6th?  Whathyoutalkin'boutWillis?

Armdrag

Neenah had Hortonville on the ropes last year and should have beaten them, Hortonville got luck in a couple matches and pulled out a couple wins they should not have had.....have a feeling coach kluskens changes that around this year....... The Appleton North vs Hortonville dual was the very first one of the year, had that been at the end of the year, AN wins that one. There guys and that staff just improve so much as year goes along. I think that staff has them ready week one this year. Don't think Hortonville can match those guys if not by surprise

polarbear285

From the Appleton North website:

The Lightning had no answers for the dominating performance on the mat by the Hortonville wrestlers. The Polar Bears tallied seven pins as they now have joined the Fox Valley Association  Conference this season.  The Lightning evened their FVA record to 1-1. The dual meet started at 106, and Jake Jones got pinned by Noah Heimmermann at 3:49. The Lightning then forfeited at 113 and 120. At 126, Gabe Koenig  gave up a first period pin to Curtis Dietrich at :49. At 132, the Lightning got their first win of the night as Dellas Vandenberg earned a 18-3 tech fall against Joe Cleerman. At 138, Brandon Books got pinned by Nate Lichtfuss in 3:11. At 145, Jake Trofka lost to Cam Luker by a major decision 10-1. At 152, Logan Coppenger got pinned in 3:05 by Joe Cliver. At 160, Matt Medema got pinned in 3:36 by Elliot Luker. At 170, Brock Danielski battled tough in a 6-3 loss to Brad Conger. At 182, Josh Thiel got pinned in 4:11 by  Mike Hills.  At 195, AJ Jarrett lost a close 5-2 decision to Jack Huebner. At 220, the Lightning recorded their second win of the night as Hunter Lee secured a pin in :43 over Tyler Pyke. At 285, Conner Schmalz gave up a pin in 1:48 to Jacob Stein.  Final Team Score: Hortonville 64  Appleton North 11

Yeah, I see how maybe later in the season this would have been better for AN>>>>>>>>>>>baaaa hhaaaaa ;D

ClimbTheLadder

Just my two cents on the FVA as I will not be as busy this time of year as I have been in years past...  Kaukauna and Hortonville are in a class of their own and will compete against one another for the FVA title.  Neenah, Kimberly, and Appleton North are the next 3 trying to close the gap on the front runners.
Kaukauna... enough said!
Hortonville did not sneak up on anyone last year, they are a really good team and have some great young talent coming into their room this year.
Neenah has been a team on the rise the last couple of years, if this team stays together with a recent coaching change they should continue their steady climb to the top.  There is a lot of promise with the youngsters coming up in the next couple of years.  Kleuskens has a long term plan and will become a top coach in the state very quickly!
Kimberly is returning a couple of studs and when they fill the lineup with some younger kids they could compete with most in the conference.  Ben is an excellent young coach!
Appleton North always seems to reload and continues to hover around the top of the conference.  Clough is another great coach and always has the lightening ready!

CLC FAN

Hortonville 68 Appleton North 3.  It was early in the year though... ::)