Badgers vs UW Whitewater Nov 12th

Started by leg turk, November 03, 2015, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

Very excited to see some of these young men in their first varsity match.  Special shout out to Jens Lantz and Eric Peissig for representing NW WI!

CLC FAN

I would imagine the Badgers twitter feed will be up and running - is anyone planning to be in attendance?  Anyone willing to post forum updates?

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

cross-face

Anybody having difficulty with the BTNtogo feed? It lists it as upcoming yet there comments indicating that the match is ongoing.

sudden_victory

Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 03, 2015, 09:31:29 AM
Whitewater is the cream of the WEAC.  UW-W competes very well with Parkside, a highly ranked D2 team.  They graduated some tremendous talent, but I would call them the favorite to win the conference again this year until proven otherwise.

This should be viewed as a no-win situation for the Badgers.  If the Badgers lose, it is horrendous.  If the Badgers win big, they were supposed to and nothing will be viewed as big enough because it will be like asking the kid with 5 A's and 1 B, "what did you get the 'B' in?"  We will gravitate our discussion to the 1 to few losses for Bucky and ask why Barry didn't get those kids in the fold.

What we should do as fans is say something to the affect, "It is great for the sport to see the best team in the WEAC and our sole D1 program compete and raise up wrestling.  It should be a good tune up for Bucky; a good way for UW-W to wrestle what should far and away be the best competition Whitewater will face all year."
Why didn't we pin every opponent? Barry must go. JK
Life is a bowl of cherries.

crossface21

Quote from: cross-face on November 12, 2015, 07:51:49 PM
Anybody having difficulty with the BTNtogo feed? It lists it as upcoming yet there comments indicating that the match is ongoing.

I had the same issues when I tried logging on around 7:30. I checked again around 8:15 and if finally was streaming, Stillings match was just ending so I only got to see the final 3 matches.

billymurphy

Johnny Jimenez (Wisconsin) over Logan Hanselmann (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 4:41)
Jens Lantz (Wisconsin) over Branden Peshek (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 7:00)
Luke Rowh (Wisconsin) over Matt Adcock (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (SV-1 4-2)
Andrew Crone (Wisconsin) over Isaiah Vela (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 4:31)
Timothy Ruschell (Wisconsin) over Brandon Arteaga (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Dec 7-1)
Seth Liegel (Wisconsin) over Tom Gerszewski (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Dec 9-3)
Richard Robertson (Wisconsin) over Connor Price (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Dec 8-3)
Jake Stilling (Wisconsin) over Christian Dischler (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 4:31)
Eric Peissig (Wisconsin) over Bowen Wileman (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (MD 9-1)
Brock Horwath (Wisconsin) over Jordan Festge (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (TF 17-0 4:03)

Musky Hunter

Quote from: billymurphy on November 12, 2015, 09:07:48 PM

Johnny Jimenez (Wisconsin) over Logan Hanselmann (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 4:41)
Timothy Ruschell (Wisconsin) over Brandon Arteaga (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Dec 7-1)
Richard Robertson (Wisconsin) over Connor Price (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Dec 8-3)
Jake Stilling (Wisconsin) over Christian Dischler (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (Fall 4:31)
Brock Horwath (Wisconsin) over Jordan Festge (Wisconsin-Whitewater) (TF 17-0 4:03)

thanks for the update.  looking great so far.

cross-face

Quote from: crossface21 on November 12, 2015, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: cross-face on November 12, 2015, 07:51:49 PM

I had the same issues when I tried logging on around 7:30. I checked again around 8:15 and if finally was streaming, Stillings match was just ending so I only got to see the final 3 matches.

It started streaming for me as well. You can go back and watch the whole match.

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: Musky Hunter on November 12, 2015, 09:18:06 PM
Quote from: billymurphy on November 12, 2015, 09:07:48 PM

thanks for the update.  looking great so far.
Wow what a run for the Badgers! Great start. Looks like Peissig held his own. Keep up the good work guys!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!