Badgers vs UW Whitewater Nov 12th

Started by leg turk, November 03, 2015, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Does anybody here know much about Whitewater wrestling?  Will they give the Badgers a good match?

Dale Einerson

Whitewater is the cream of the WEAC.  UW-W competes very well with Parkside, a highly ranked D2 team.  They graduated some tremendous talent, but I would call them the favorite to win the conference again this year until proven otherwise.

This should be viewed as a no-win situation for the Badgers.  If the Badgers lose, it is horrendous.  If the Badgers win big, they were supposed to and nothing will be viewed as big enough because it will be like asking the kid with 5 A's and 1 B, "what did you get the 'B' in?"  We will gravitate our discussion to the 1 to few losses for Bucky and ask why Barry didn't get those kids in the fold.

What we should do as fans is say something to the affect, "It is great for the sport to see the best team in the WEAC and our sole D1 program compete and raise up wrestling.  It should be a good tune up for Bucky; a good way for UW-W to wrestle what should far and away be the best competition Whitewater will face all year."

sudden_victory

If a UWW wrestler wins a match, it should be a wake up call for the wrestler who lost. Although it would make me wonder why the winner is at Whitewater and not Madison.
A senior could beat a freshman. You never know.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

uncle Fester

its like getting thrown in with the wolves...
we didnt come here for a picnic

Briopiate

These are the results from when the badgers wrestled UW-W a couple of years ago:

Wisconsin 27, UW-Whitewater 12
Wt.   Result   WIS   UWW
125   Bugay (UWW) dec. Cavallaris (UW) 3-2   0   3
133   Graff (UW) TF Nehls (UWW) 25-10 (5:39)   4   3
141   Thielke (UW) TF Hubbard (UWW) 18-3 (4:11)   9   3
149   Ruschell (UW) TF Loomis (UWW) 20-2 (4:29)   14   3
157   Jordan (UW) maj. dec. Gerszewski (UWW)14-3   18   3
165   Cousins (UW) dec. Newman (UWW) 14-3   21   3
174   Decker (UWW) dec. Hochstaetter (UW) 3-1   21   6
184   Iczkowski (UW) SV1 Pettit (UWW) 9-7   24   6
197   Dwyer (UWW) fall McCall (UW) 1:34   24   12
HWT   Medbery (UW) dec. Edgren (UWW) 6-0   27   12

I thought Whitewater wrestled pretty tough that year...I would think they may be able to pull a win or two out this year. Great experience for our D-3 wrestlers never the less.

Handles II

D1 D2 D3 all see each other at open tournaments, it's not uncommon to have the D2 or D3 guys finish ahead of a D1 guy. So for those who want to jump on the bashing bandwagon, remember this happens nation wide, sometimes to even the best guys.

I think the UW vs. UW-W (or other) is a great idea and a way to promote wrestling in our state and promote each program.

badgerjohn

"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

uncle Fester

we didnt come here for a picnic

GoodGod

Whitewater returns 3 All Americans in Matt Adcock at 141, Jordan Newman at 174, and Shane Siefert at 197.  If Siefert wrestles I'd favor him over anyone UW puts on the mat.

Gutwrench

Quote from: GoodGod on November 03, 2015, 02:57:12 PM
Whitewater returns 3 All Americans in Matt Adcock at 141, Jordan Newman at 174, and Shane Siefert at 197.  If Siefert wrestles I'd favor him over anyone UW puts on the mat.

This is the information we're looking for.  Thank you!

leg turk

Quote from: The Angry Fish on November 03, 2015, 04:09:59 PM
Like Dale said, it's a great match up for WI wrestling fans. This years line up is pretty raw, expectations should be right sized. I wouldn't flip out if the Badgers lost in a gutsy effort to Whitewater. It'd be awesome "if" Whitewater could keep it close, makes for a more entertaining event for the fans.

Anyone know if the Badgers are going to stream this event?

it says VIDEO on the schedule, so it seems like they are streaming it, but I'm not sure what that means.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling&;

npope

While I wouldn't expect the Badgers to win all of the matches in this meet, they should win the majority. If UWW manages to win the meet, then I would say that BD has some 'splaining to do - that just shouldn't happen these days.

I know UWL beat the Badgers in a dual some 15-20 years back, but that was an anomouly and also when the Badgers had an unusually "ugly" line-up. There were a few years there wher the Badgers would take on one state school team each year, moving around the victim from one year to the next. That system was in place for only about five years, though. Once UWL got their victory that system was scraped pretty quickly.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

crossface21

UW-L beat Wisconsin in the 96-97 season by a score of 21-18. With the exception of the 2000-01 and 2001-02 seasons, UW wrestled either UWSP, UWO, or UWL every year up thru the 2007-08 season.

badgerjohn

Quote from: leg turk on November 03, 2015, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on November 03, 2015, 04:09:59 PM
Like Dale said, it's a great match up for WI wrestling fans. This years line up is pretty raw, expectations should be right sized. I wouldn't flip out if the Badgers lost in a gutsy effort to Whitewater. It'd be awesome "if" Whitewater could keep it close, makes for a more entertaining event for the fans.

Anyone know if the Badgers are going to stream this event?

it says VIDEO on the schedule, so it seems like they are streaming it, but I'm not sure what that means.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=wrestling&

UW-Whitewater  WRESTLING  Thu. Nov 12, 2015 08:00 PM ET  BTN Plus  --Wisconsin

BTN Plus Subscription Required

This video is BTN Plus content available on BTN2Go with the purchase of a BTN Plus Subscription.

http://www.btn2go.com/game/uwwhitewater-at-wisconsin-on-11122015

http://www.btn2go.com/faq
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

badgerjohn

Badger Line-up vs Whitewater
125 Johnny Jimenez
133 Jens Lantz
141 Luke Rowh
149 Andrew Crone
157 TJ Ruschell
165 Seth Liegel
174 Ricky Robertson