WHAT ARE THE BIG RIVERS CONF 2015-2016 SEASON PROJECTIONS?

Started by 2pointTakedown, October 17, 2015, 11:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2pointTakedown

What BRC conference wrestlers do we have coming back?   

Which kid is turning a corner or making an impact?

What team is going to contend for the BRC title?

What incoming FR are going to make a statement this year?

HMsDad

Chippewa lost 8 seniors from last season.
Of the returning 7 Jr's from last season only two Hedrington and Solberg saw significant mat time on varsity.
Weyandt might be the only Junior this year that seen any mat time last year with Ponick returning to Stanley.
They will be sophomore heavy with 10 I can think of off top of my head returning.
Not sure but I can think of 3 or 4 incoming freshman.  As usual health and weights will be huge.
Ask again in Feb and I'll nail every question.

Stripes

I certainly hope that Grant doesn't stop posting just because he is no longer coaching. He always did a nice job keeping us informed of the Mustangs power. I am sure he still has close ties and an insight to the program. His candor, honesty, and openness was a breath of fresh air on this forum.

Grant not posting combined with Pheasants son graduating, puts a lot of pressure on Mustang fan to keep us informed of Menomonie's progress. Maybe Wildhorse will step up his game and Juicy Lucy can come creeping back from the nightmare that was last year.

Pheasant 1984

Menomonie will definitely be on a rebuilding year. Lots of youth! 5 seniors graduated and 1 transfer. New coach so hopefully everyone that wrestled last year will come out again! Grant will surely be missed! I'm giving a slight edge to EC North for the conference title, but Hudson will definitely be there to take it if they falter! My son has graduated, but I plan to support Menomonie as often as I can! It will probably be a little quieter in the stands this year!😀
Good luck Big Rivers competitors!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

HMsDad

Dunn County

Brock Schlough to Boyceville.  Don't do that to these guys buddy!

HMsDad

Great wrestler. Better person. Brock has been in Boyceville for a few years now I wouldn't consider him a transfer.

Dunn County

Pheasant- 
5 seniors graduating does not make Menomonie a re-building team.  I like your style though!  I see what you did there  ;D
You do realize that Hudson also graduated 5 and EC North graduated 4 (and never entered a 160 at Regionals) so that equals 5 also. 

So based on that, the title is River Falls' to lose!

Pheasant 1984

I was informed that the transfer I was referring to did not transfer! He just didn't play football this year! We have a couple of studs on our team, but a lot of youth will be asked to step up. Good luck to all and hopefully we have a competitive conference one more time! Look forward to seeing all of you this year!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Mustang Fan

Mustang Fan does not have a horse in the race anymore in Menomonie but does have a son with a sight disability that has a true passion for the sport that he can't compete in. Over the years his fellow teammates has wrestled him in home meets and made him feel pretty special. As far as our team goes....the new head coach will have allot to do with their success. They have allot of potential to be successful this season. My heart will always be in wrestling and we will continue to support this team for years to come.  :)

wildhorse

Studs returning
Hudson
Klabon, J. Anderson, Koski,  Massie, Mcdevitt, D. Anderson  and Schindler

Menomonie
Stokke,  Schlough, Goodman

Ec. North
Phillips, Peterson, Mallet

Ec. Memorial
Othayun Smith, Whelan, Adams

River Falls
Burns, Wood, Williamson, Hakes and Hennessey.

Chippewa Falls
Hedrington, Bowe, Bergeron and Weyandt

Rice Lake
Roberts and crew
I wasn't listening,  I was just waiting for my turn to talk.

wildhorse

Hudson should run away with the conference.  Should be ranked in the top five in D1.  With a couple good freshmen and a good showing at JV conference, they should be able to cover any possible holes.
I wasn't listening,  I was just waiting for my turn to talk.

Nice to be a winner!

Quote from: wildhorse on October 29, 2015, 08:50:22 PM
Studs returning
Hudson
Klabon, J. Anderson, Koski,  Massie, Mcdevitt, D. Anderson  and Schindler

Menomonie
Stokke,  Schlough, Goodman

Ec. North
Phillips, Peterson, Mallet

Ec. Memorial
Othayun Smith, Whelan

River Falls
Burns, Wood, Williamson, Hakes and Hennessey.

Chippewa Falls
Hedrington, Bowe, Bergeron and Weyandt

Rice Lake
Roberts and crew

Hmmm......  Somethings rotten in Denmark.  Wildhorse, the facts don't check out.  Menomonie was the best team last year and they will be again this year.  What we learned is the best team doesn't always win. 
Can I ask why Schindler is a stud but the guy who beat him (Nuutinen) is not?  Or why McDevitt is a stud but the guy who beat him (Freeland) is not?  Kadlec is a sectional place-winner but does not make the list?  Jesse James has multiple trips to youth state and the only thing that has held him back, until now, is such a tough line-up and he doesn't make the list even as a Senior?  You do know that Menomonie had 4 JV state place-winners, right?  Correct that they can't be considered "studs" but that simply has a "yet" behind it. 

Hudson reached the final 4 last year but had Menomonie won the the regional, they would have reached the final 4. 
Hudson may win but can't be considered a favorite and they certainly won't run away with anything.

Which do you prefer?  Sandbagging or Laying in the Weeds?   

ElectricGuy

Man I love following the Big Rivers conf,  you guys go at it.  LOL

Hudson is the favorite, not only in the conf,  I think this year they maybe have a chance to knock off Kaukana and make the finals at team state.   
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

HMsDad

I agree. Hudson just reloads. Every so often a team comes and makes a run but Hudson is just so consistent year in and year out.