Ozaukee                                1-6
Manitowoc Luthearn/Roncalli   0-7

Here is the composite dual schedule for the new Big East Conference

Week 1
Mishicot @ Oostburg      Thurs 12/3     Oo wins 48-27
EL/HG @ Random Lake   Thurs 12/3.   RL wins 55-21
Mant Lth/R @ Ozaukee   Friday 12/4    Oz wins 30-19

Week 2
Mishicot @ Mant Lth/R       Tues 12/8   ?? Mish wins I assume??
Reedsville @ Ozaukee        Tues 12/8    Reeds wins 45 - 27
Oostburg @ Random Lake  Tues 12/8     RL wins 49 - 9
Cedar Grove @ EL/HG        Tues 12/8    CG wins 59 - 12
Cedar Grove @ Reedsville   Thurs 12/10  CG wins 43 - 27

Week 3
Random Lake @ Cedar Grove   Thurs 12/17  RL wins 44-17
Ozaukee @ Oostburg               Thurs 12/17  Oo wins 44-26
EL/HG @ Mishicot                   Thurs 12/17  EL/HG wins 57-15
Mant Lth/R @ Reedsville          Friday 12/18   ?? Reeds wins I assume??

Week 4
Oostburg @ Mant Lth/R           Tues 12/22   ?? Oo wins I assume???

----

Week 6
Cedar Grove @ Mishicot          Tues 1/5  CG wins 53-24
Reedsville @ Random Lake      Tues 1/5  RL wins 46-14
Ozaukee @ EL/HG                  Fri 1/8   EL/HG wins 45-27
Random Lake @ Mant Lth/R    Fri 1/8   RL wins 63-6

Week 7
Reesville @ Mishicot               Tues 1/12  Reeds wins?? I assume
Mant Lth/R @ Cedar Grove      Tues 1/12  CG wins by FF?!?!
EL/HG @ Oostburg                 Thurs 1/14  EL/HG wins 44-33
Random Lake @ Ozaukee        Thurs 1/14   RL wins 66 - 9

Week 8
Mishicot @ Random Lake        Tues 1/19  RL wins 67-7
Oostburg @ Reedsville           Thurs 1/21   Reeds wins 48-21
Mant Lth/R @ EL/HG              Friday 1/22   EL/HG  wins 61-6
Cedar Grove @ Ozaukee         Friday 1/22   CG wins ??-??

Week 9
Ozaukee @ Mishicot               Tues 1/26   Mish wins
Oostburg @ Cedar Grove        Tues 1/26    CG wins 50-21
Reedsville @ EL/HG                Thurs 1/28   EL/HG wins 39-35

Saturday February 6th
Big East Conference Tournament

RL vs EL/HG : http://s300.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=26386076
Oo vs Mish: http://s300.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=28935076
Oz vs ML/R: http://s300.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=18489010
Mish vs ML/R: ??
Reeds vs Oz: http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=19658010
RL vs Oo: http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=26387076
CG vs EL/HG: http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=21249094
CG vs Reeds: ??
RL vs CG: http://s100.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=26389076
Oo vs Oz: ??
EL/HG vs Mish: http://s100.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=63842071&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=25935107

bkraus

Does this mean you need to change your name?   :P
Strive for Perfection

CLC FAN

It stands for calculus now.  Love that too.  I worried if I went Big E fan the kids would think I was popping ecstasy.

Gutwrench

I thought the ride to Elkhart Lake was long back in the day.  Now it's an hour drive between the likes of Mishicot/Reedsville and the southern schools of CG/RL/Oz.  There's going to be some late nights after some of these dual meets.  Dual meets start at 7pm?

CLC FAN

Yep, duals start at 7 pm.  For us (Random Lake) these distances will be comparable to what we were traveling - we had Johnson Creek and Wrightstown on our schedule last year.  I'm excited for the new mixture - and to have a conference tournament format that's not a round robin!

Gutwrench

That's true.  I was just thinking conference dual meets, but I'm sure most teams were traveling a comparable distance for non conference meets. 

It will be nice to see conference tourn. brackets full again.

I'm a little familiar with Mant. Luth., but not so much with Mishicot and Reedsville.  Can anybody offer some history for these teams?  Past studs, powerhouse teams, etc......

CLC FAN

So D3 Team Sectional D champs since 2008:

2008: Random Lake
2009: Random Lake
2010: Oostburg
2011: Oostburg
2012: Random Lake
2013: Random Lake
2014: Random Lake
2015: Random Lake

So... yeah... big dual tomorrow night at Random Lake as... you guessed it... Oostburg comes to visit.

Gutwrench

I see CGB is traveling to Wabeno for a tournament this Saturday, and I noticed that Coleman is there as well.  Add that to their tough opening scramble at the Lomira Duals, and you've got one heck of a tough opening couple of weeks for the Rockets.

hasbeen

Quote from: Gutwrench on December 10, 2015, 09:01:13 AM
I see CGB is traveling to Wabeno for a tournament this Saturday, and I noticed that Coleman is there as well.  Add that to their tough opening scramble at the Lomira Duals, and you've got one heck of a tough opening couple of weeks for the Rockets.
That would be Coleman reserves. But knowing how stacked Coleman is I would expect a few very solid wrestlers. Wabeno is a nice tournament for CG-B. Plenty of similar sized schools with a bunch of kids you don't normally see, except now Reedsville will be seen more often.

You're right about Lomira duals this year though. Lomira and Ripon were at another level and Kenosha Christian Life and Chilton/Hilbert were great match-ups for CG-B. The only breather was Oconomowoc reserves and they even had a couple good kids. No one came away undefeated on the day.

Gutwrench

I was wondering if it was going to be the Coleman reserves.  Thanks for the clarification.

Still like you said, a nice tournament early in the year for CGB with teams you don't normally run into.

CLC FAN

Make or break week in the Big East.  With the exception of the CG vs RL dual, the losing team in every matchup seems to be destined for bottom half of the conference, while the winning team is going to put themselves in the top half and still have a shot at the conference title.  In the CG vs RL dual, I think both the winner and the loser will still have a shot to sweep the rest of their conference duals and win the tournament - but obviously the winner has the inside track to the first Big East Conference Championship.

Predictions?

hasbeen

I don't really see any close duals this week. I'd say RL, Oost, EL-G, Reeds win easily. Some are saying CG-B has a chance Thurs night but there's just still too much of a gap there. RL is too strong at some of CG-B weakest weights so there will be a lot of 6's put up by the Rams. My prediction is 44-22.

I think some of the closest duals will be between Reedsville, Oost, EL-G. Reedsville and EL-G have tough kids but too many opens. Oost has full team but short on experience. Those three should be duking it out for 3rd in the Big E duals and the conference tourney.

hasbeen

Final score 44-17. I was pretty close on my prediction of 44-22. Luis over Brockman was the match of the night. I didn't have that one figured. In the end a fun dual last night. Glad it started at 220 to make the first half interesting and keep the crowd in it before we came up against the meat grinder that is 160-195 for RL. A dual like this gives CG-B an indication of how far they are from where they want to be, but also how far they've already come in the last few years.

CLC FAN

Agreed on all counts.  Especially your predicting prowess!   Got any tips on horses for me?

I hope all of CG/B's crowd and parents and kids can see the progress they've made.  As a CG alum, I'm proud that RL vs CG was the dual for the Big East Title (in my opinion).  I hope it stays that way for a lot of years.

CLC FAN

EL/HG wins the Kewaunee Invite!!  Great job Larry & the boys.  Ward and Trent Rebedew were champs while Troy Rebedew, Schorrer, and Roll were all finalists.  EL/HG won by 19.5 points! 
Mishicot and Manitowoc Lutheran/Roncalli were also represented.  Elliot from Mishicot took home 1st, while Kiel taking runner up was the highlight for Manitowoc Lutheran/Roncalli.

Oostburg won its own invitational - lots of champs and runner-ups.  Brackets seemed pretty sparse.

Cedar Grove was 3rd at the Wikersham Invite.  I Brockmann and Gjertson were champs with Gonwa, Morgan, and Davies all taking home second.

Ozaukee struggled a bit at the Willard Schmidt Scramble, but Kraus taking 3rd was a highlight - as well as their brand-new heavyweight taking 6th.

Random Lake was up against it at the Marty Loy.  TONS of tough competition with Hudson, Sauk Prairie, Sheboygan Falls, Burlington, Lodi, etc...  H Vandenbush leads the way taking second, with Rautmann, Kohn, Brouillette, and H Huiras all placing top 7.  Team was 12th out of 24.