Heading North to catch a few big SKI'S!

Started by maggie, July 17, 2015, 08:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on July 30, 2015, 07:19:43 AM
Quote from: bigG on July 27, 2015, 08:51:18 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on July 27, 2015, 08:25:12 PM
Stopped in to see Hound awhile back and left with three new walleye rods.  I believe he designs them for St. Croix.  Leaving Friday for 12 days at Clay Lake Ontario.  Hope my wife and I (and my son later) don't fish the lake out :D

You said that lake was great. Hope you load up, and then some, bud.

I'm going up north Saturday. Can't wait.

Winter area?

You bet, Fishtrap Cove is the name. Not the best fishing lake, but great river shore access for those of us without boats. Some of these dams really have produced for us. You're closer to Park Falls, right, Hound. Still 4 pound large out of the pads and at least 5 lb. wally below a dam. Lots of little northerns this year. Many more perch than bluegill, too.  A total reversal of the recent past. Weird how nature works.

Glad to see your name on here again. Missed ya!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

them are darn nice rods Hound, the guy who i went up with bought a new St Croix at Mike and Helen's on the way through Minocqua , not sure what it was?, but i do know he shucked out a half a grand for it... :o..Dang nice rod! ....seeing the surgeon Tue so I'm hoping he can tell me something i want to hear, however, i doubt he will...going to tell him i have a fishing trip to attend the first week in OCT...so if he has to do any cutting, lets get with it!..and that new double recliner sofa i was telling ya's about, looks can be deceiving, it looks great, feels great to sit in, but with a sore hip, getting out can be a nightmare!...there's no handle to pull to drop the recliner down, ya have to scoot forward and use your legs to lower it... :o....ya,you got that right!... It's being replaced with an electric one!... :)..and ya, CHING! CHING! CHING! $$$$$..  :o OACHHH!!...oh well, the way i look at it, i would have bought one in the next ten yr anyways...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 22, 2015, 07:50:44 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on August 13, 2015, 09:38:26 AM
Quote from: maggie on July 17, 2015, 08:02:11 AM
:)...heading up to the great north next Thur morning with a good friend and musky fishing partner and hope to land a few big fish... ;)...will be staying just a tad south of Plum lake right on 155 In the heart of Saynor Thanks to my very good friend Libo who set us up with the best commendations in the great northwoods! ...may stay 4 days, may stay 10...as long as there hitting, were sticking around!.... anyone else in the area, let me know and I'll let ya buy me a huge pizza at the Log Cabin in Conover some mid morning or early afternoon, or if ya would Prefer, ya could spring for a huge steak down to McGregor's (Blink Bonnie's) in St Germain some Evening after Happy Hr....we cover a lot of area while were up in that area, so if your anywhere in the area and would like to get together, let me know...I'll be glad to tell ya everything i know about Muskie fishing, witch ain't much!   :o....and we can also talk a little wrestling!..... :)...i was also hoping my good friend HOUND would kindly make me a new pole and meet me to drop it off somewhere if he has time... ;)...best poles made!.... :D...........

We have your new rods ready Maggie. Just stop by the company store and pick a few up.

http://www.thefishingwire.com/story/348877

For the $ you can never go wrong with a St. Croix. I own 4, and 1 G.Loomis walleye rod. Great American made product. My G.Loomis is nice, but I prefer using my St.Croix rods. I'm hard on my tackle, and have damaged,or broken more rods than most. I've always found St.Croix customer service to be top notch. The repair cost were reasonable, and returned like new.

Too bad G. Loomis is not American owned.

bigoil

Hound,

Are there any outlet stores for St. Croix in the area up by you?

Houndhead

Quote from: bigoil on August 24, 2015, 10:32:47 AM
Hound,

Are there any outlet stores for St. Croix in the area up by you?

Just the company store here at the factory in Park Falls.

bigoil

I had a co-worker that just returned from there and he was expecting some "sale" items but said they were all full price. Another gent is headed there and I wanted to confirm that is the case....

bigoil

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 24, 2015, 03:56:59 PM
Quote from: bigoil on August 24, 2015, 03:31:37 PM
I had a co-worker that just returned from there and he was expecting some "sale" items but said they were all full price. Another gent is headed there and I wanted to confirm that is the case....

Discount shopper eh howavi? I rarely if ever see St Croix tackle on sale or marked down. I have gotten lucky and have snagged a couple poles on clearance. I saved like 50% on those suckers. You're buying a Mercedes howavi, they're not going devalue their product with discounts? Even on the showroom floor.
I'm not the one looking for the discount but I think he was hoping to buy a couple of rods from the scratch and dent pile :)

The other guy said they fixed his rod that he broke 15 years ago snapping off the top in a window. That is some serious Customer Service Hound!

Houndhead

They offer seconds in the store at a discounted price. Usually there is something cosmetic that is not up to first quality. They do have a bargain bin also. If you ever stop in Big Oil look me up.

badgerjohn

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 27, 2015, 08:39:41 AM
Quote from: Goat Roper on August 24, 2015, 06:51:57 PM
And Scourge, they are RODS not POLES.

Being mistaken for "Scourge" is worse than being mistaken for "coconut joe".

coco                       coco                           coco                             coco                                coco
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

ramjet

wow that was very low low blow to be mistaken for FF and that ain't french fries😈😄😄😄😄