Heading North to catch a few big SKI'S!

Started by maggie, July 17, 2015, 08:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

:)...heading up to the great north next Thur morning with a good friend and musky fishing partner and hope to land a few big fish... ;)...will be staying just a tad south of Plum lake right on 155 In the heart of Saynor Thanks to my very good friend Libo who set us up with the best commendations in the great northwoods! ...may stay 4 days, may stay 10...as long as there hitting, were sticking around!.... anyone else in the area, let me know and I'll let ya buy me a huge pizza at the Log Cabin in Conover some mid morning or early afternoon, or if ya would Prefer, ya could spring for a huge steak down to McGregor's (Blink Bonnie's) in St Germain some Evening after Happy Hr....we cover a lot of area while were up in that area, so if your anywhere in the area and would like to get together, let me know...I'll be glad to tell ya everything i know about Muskie fishing, witch ain't much!   :o....and we can also talk a little wrestling!..... :)...i was also hoping my good friend HOUND would kindly make me a new pole and meet me to drop it off somewhere if he has time... ;)...best poles made!.... :D...........
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Ha I might jump on the Indian Mc and head that way see if I can run into you.......not literally.....lol

maggie

would be nice to get together...PS. Bring money!... :)

bigG

Quote from: The Angry Fish on July 20, 2015, 10:02:33 AM
Keep us updated Maggie. Don't forget to send pics!

LOL!! Don't hold your breath on those pics!  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigoil

Quote from: The Angry Fish on July 22, 2015, 02:12:58 PM
Update maggie?

Maggie is probably in Watertown by now if you have ever heard his travel stories....I gather he stops a lot along the way!

Dale Einerson

I just saw an old hearse drive down Willy Street in Madison, about 5 minutes ago.

Had a Redmen sticker on the back, probably not a safe place to be sporting such a microaggressive logo.

bigG

Hears the tip of a tap from miles away. Wonder if his ears perk up right after he hears it.

MarkK

on the way up to the Thirsty Whale right now.   Kinda warm, but we'll see what Minocqua is offering up today.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

ramjet

We were up there even stopped at few of local watering holes? I did not see anyone with a "Hillary for a President" T shirt  ;D on so I musta missed him.  :( But it was great weekend for long ride on the Indian I need to proof read more yes verify.

bigG

Quote from: Goat Roper on July 27, 2015, 08:25:12 PM
Stopped in to see Hound awhile back and left with three new walleye rods.  I believe he designs them for St. Croix.  Leaving Friday for 12 days at Clay Lake Ontario.  Hope my wife and I (and my son later) don't fish the lake out :D

You said that lake was great. Hope you load up, and then some, bud.

I'm going up north Saturday. Can't wait.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on July 27, 2015, 08:51:18 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on July 27, 2015, 08:25:12 PM
Stopped in to see Hound awhile back and left with three new walleye rods.  I believe he designs them for St. Croix.  Leaving Friday for 12 days at Clay Lake Ontario.  Hope my wife and I (and my son later) don't fish the lake out :D

You said that lake was great. Hope you load up, and then some, bud.

I'm going up north Saturday. Can't wait.

Winter area?

bigoil

used some nice St. Croix this past week, 5.5# smallie (21") and the best part was my 10yo daughter caught one a half hour later. Both using St. Croixs and 6# test. I was praying she wasn't snapping...

bigoil

Maggie, do we need to send Ram out after you?

maggie

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry it took so long to get back with a report...0 SKI.s  but seen 4 and they were nice, was a great time but was only in the boat for 4 hrs a day, rained like heck fri night, but never got wet where we were by that time... ;) we also got into the Perch...so it was well worth it ....about 17 weeks ago i started a part time job,   :o  a friend asked me if i would be interested in mowing for him at a large campground that he GM's, i said, NO!...but after he explained that he had bought me a brand new XLT-1050 Cub Cadet and all i had to do was mow the empty lots that they own, i said, ya, ill help ya out.. :) they have 2 other full time guys mowing who do the majority with there big woods, so i just come and go as i see fit and stay 2- 4 hrs but take off when ever i want.. it's the first non union job i had in 31 yrs...my pay dropped by $39.00 an hr, but the sights can be unreal and the fringe beanies are pretty good.. :) I'm salting as much as i can LG  :) )..after a few weeks, my buddy asked is i would come in and do some security for him on Fri and sat nights from about 4-8 before the robo cops get there,...again, i said, inappropriate term3 NO!...but after he explained that all i had to do was drive around the grounds in a new golf cart and keep the peace, i said...OK, (the wife loves it as it keep me somewhere on her radar  :)) so after about 5 weeks, i started having bad pains in my thigh muscles for some reason (it may have been that long walk i had to endure in Chicago a few weeks ago when i seen the Dead)  that in the last 10 weeks have turned into Sever pain most of the time!...so fri., i headed to see the doc, after the X-rays, i was told I'll be seeing a surgeon again.. :o..Hips are bad..go figure...lol..so he loaded me up with muscle relaxers, Hyd Codone (Norco did not cut the pain) and a few other pain relievers to boot,...Dang! I'm getting old!  :) ...now one thing i really hate look forward too is getting in that Dang Truck of mine, i have to step up on the running Bar, grab the handle above the door and boost myself in..AHHHHHHHHHHHHH it hurts like Hattie's every time i do..but once I'm in, it's all good :'(...the wife went out yesterday with the daughter and had a new double sofa recliner delivered for me to Zone out in.. :)...As far as the pain goes, it seems that i had more pain with my knees that i do know with the hips...darn, it could have happened at a better time tho...no more golf this yr... :'(.....SUCH IS LIFE!...........I had a Bernie shirt on Rammy... ;)......off to mow!... ;)

ramjet

Judging from the number of smiley faces you seem to be having fun.