D2 Team Race

Started by DarkKnight, July 11, 2015, 06:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: Jimmy on July 12, 2015, 06:28:29 PM
Ellsworth was runner up in 1999,2001,2008,2012,2015

Quote from: Jimmy on July 11, 2015, 11:45:31 PM
Ellsworth has 6 I believe. 1985,2000,2007,2009,2011,2014.

WOW that is something.

I thought it was 7 titles but whos counting with all that hardware!!!! 9 finals in 15 years plus the years that Ellsworth made the final 4 but did not make the finals. I hope there is some purple in the field house!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Proud tradition up there. 2nd best cheese curds in the state, too.  ;) Miss ya, Littleguy! Hope your team is looking mean.

D2 has often been much more dramatic than D1 on the team level. Hats off to Rapids for their run; but LC, Ells, Lodi, etc. have really been fun to watch volley.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Jimmy

Second best? What you talking about Willis?

DarkKnight

Quote from: Jimmy on July 29, 2015, 10:37:41 PM
Second best? What you talking about Willis?

Whose Willis?

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on July 29, 2015, 06:13:29 PM
Proud tradition up there. 2nd best cheese curds in the state, too.  ;) Miss ya, Littleguy! Hope your team is looking mean.

D2 has often been much more dramatic than D1 on the team level. Hats off to Rapids for their run; but LC, Ells, Lodi, etc. have really been fun to watch volley.

first Ellsworth and Spring Valley are 1-2 in curds and you can put either in that top spot.

I have had curds from your area, while very very good I feel they dont top the 2 I mentioned ;D I figure your talking Wesby or maybe Carr Valley. Though I have heard from a very good source that Cadott has some banging curds and I will be making a run there this winter to find out ;D

team is looking good, some got in some summer wrestling and it will be a 8th grade loaded team which I am hoping for some good results.

D2 has had some serious battles for that top spot over the past 20 years and this year looks no different.

I have to say Amery is returning alot of very good kids and with a couple of 8th graders stepping in and filling a spot or 2 they might have a nice run at beating Ellsworth.

Notice I said nice run, so please Ellsworth fans dont curdle your curds on that statement ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DarkKnight

My cheese  curds are the best. I milk the cows, the milk goes to the cheese plant, and the second the curds are made I can eat em. Better than any candy.

Jimmy

Darknite, Willis was on facts of life and when he said something ridiculous his little brother played by Gary Coleman would say what you talking about Willis. Also your not the only dairy farmer in the world that milks his cows and then goes up to the creamery at precisely eleven a.m. To get fresh squeaky curds. Also there was a decree by the Wisconsin legislature proclaiming Ellsworth the cheese curd Capitol. Of Wisconsin .

DarkKnight

cool, ya its something I don't know. and we are the Dairy State

Houndhead

Nasonville Dairy gets my vote for best curds, but I have never had fresh Ellsworth curds. The very best curds were when I worked at Elmdale cheese factory and I got them out of the vat right after they were salted. Nothing better.

Jimmy

Fish you are correct, looks like I'm the one needing a  what you talking about?

bigG

Quote from: littleguy301 on August 02, 2015, 11:27:07 AM
Quote from: bigG on July 29, 2015, 06:13:29 PM

first Ellsworth and Spring Valley are 1-2 in curds and you can put either in that top spot.

I have had curds from your area, while very very good I feel they dont top the 2 I mentioned ;D I figure your talking Wesby or maybe Carr Valley. Though I have heard from a very good source that Cadott has some banging curds and I will be making a run there this winter to find out ;D

team is looking good, some got in some summer wrestling and it will be a 8th grade loaded team which I am hoping for some good results.

D2 has had some serious battles for that top spot over the past 20 years and this year looks no different.

I have to say Amery is returning alot of very good kids and with a couple of 8th graders stepping in and filling a spot or 2 they might have a nice run at beating Ellsworth.

Notice I said nice run, so please Ellsworth fans dont curdle your curds on that statement ;)

Pasture Pride or K&K are my cheese stops. Westby has those garlic curds I like but PP they are made just feet from you and these two are the obvious 1-2 spots. I'll hand this to Westby; best cottage cheese on earth. I'm more of a muenster, juusto nut, so I buy those over curds, so I'll trust your expertise. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how L-C pans out with the new head man. I'm sure he'll do great. I would suspect, Like Jack R., Bob B set them up for many years of success and the new coaches have been part of those machines and know how they roll. Good stuff.

Willis Drummond

Tonto

Will these sectionals change this year with the new conferences added?

DarkKnight

Sorry about the cheese curds, again.

Tonto,  I don't think conferences make a difference about sectionals...But I am not always right.

bigG

Ours are made from Amish milk.  :D Picked up daily in milk cans. There's a job.