Missing

Started by hammer, June 01, 2015, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

I noticed that the littleguy is on the up coming birthdays. I checked his profile and noticed he has been on in a bit. Wondering what was up. Kind of enjoyed his posts at times.

For that matter I also noticed that some of the usual posters have been pretty quite, not just the littleguy.

Ghetto

Littleguy works in road construction. I'm guessing he's too darn tired at night to worry about the forum. He'll be back when things slow down for him.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Thanks hammer

Ghetto, yes way to busy but some pretty nasty storms today to shut me down for some needed rest.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

npope

I passed through the I-94 corridor a few weeks back and saw a lot of construction. Is that all part of your doing, littleguy?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

Quote from: npope on June 22, 2015, 01:52:18 PM
I passed through the I-94 corridor a few weeks back and saw a lot of construction. Is that all part of your doing, littleguy?

while I live just south of the major work, gladly I am not involved it that situation ;D I havent worked on a "main" project like that in a few years. I am also glad I havent been invovled in that type of work, government work is how I put it. I have worked on smaller scaled projects like that in the past few years but nothing to big.

I work mainly in Minnesota but I do slide over to Wisconsin from time to time, though I believe with the new laws in Wisconsin I will not be working in Wisconsin much any more.

I stick to mainly residental roads and some commerical work. Fits me better now, safer and a tad more relaxed and I keep normal home life hours. Plus you usually have more hours in residental because road like I-94 will have only a lane closure from certain times.

thanks for asking, enjoying a day off though I did go in this am and do some prep work for a hour or so then breakfast with some co-workers and my boss and a nice nap ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on June 02, 2015, 10:06:21 PM
Littleguy works in road construction. I'm guessing he's too darn tired at night to worry about the forum. He'll be back when things slow down for him.

never to busy to have time to talk to a guy like you Ghetto!!!!!! hope all is well and your summer is kick butt!!!!! because your winter will be busy on many different levels ;)

littleguy301

Quote from: The Angry Fish on June 25, 2015, 04:59:51 PM
There are only so many legends on the forum still left LG....You are one of them. Your presence is missed.

thanks for the nice words angry fish. not sure if legend would be a term I would use but thank you for the kind words.

maggie

no time for small talk Littleguy, back to work with you....LOL...looks like your busy season is on..... :)..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ OT
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

I don't think anyone on earth appreciates AC more than the road crew.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on July 03, 2015, 09:39:04 AM
I don't think anyone on earth appreciates AC more than the road crew.

Well I am sure there are other jobs that or hot as tobies butt but yes us road crew does like our AC!

littleguy301

Quote from: maggie on July 01, 2015, 05:27:21 AM
no time for small talk Littleguy, back to work with you....LOL...looks like your busy season is on..... :)..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ OT

lots of the OT! 20 to 30 hours a week of it.

man, we have the work and just 12 weeks into the season and it has been push, push, push.

19 weeks to go and I cannt wait for the other season,,,,,,WRESTLING!

littleguy301

To be honest with this season, I have never in 23 years been pushed like I have to start a season like I have had so far.

I went back in April and had a couple days of doing clean up and getting back into the groove and then BAM the milling and paving schedule got moved up a couple of weeks and it was nads to the wall from there on out.

For the most part in the past decade I usually get rolling mid June and the push is on after the 4th, meaning 7 days a week and unlimited hours but this year the push came April 30th. I had to pull some rank to get off May 2 for Greco/freestyle state.

Back in the early 2000's when the boom was happening I would start in April and get pushed but then come the 4th I would have some down time for the month of july. I like that alot and was quite used to that but when the times got tough we would start latter in the year, mid may and for some people in June. Then after the 4th we would go, go, go.

Right now in Minnesota they have more work as in man hours that they have had and as of right now there is a massive shortage in workers for road jobs. So that means guys like me get unlimited hours which is not what I am really looking for at my age but I guess I will take it because in just 7 more years I can hopefully golf will be more of an option ;D

O well, I am sure many on this forum have noticed differences in their jobs and are being pushed more than they did in past years, so I shouldnt cry much because while I think it is bad I am sure some one else out there has it worse.

littleguy301

REmember people, slow down in construction zones.

Also I know many former wrestlers that are working in those construction zones ;D

uncle Fester

noticed you did not compete in the cheese curd eating contest...
we didnt come here for a picnic

littleguy301

Quote from: uncle Fester on July 08, 2015, 08:03:07 AM
noticed you did not compete in the cheese curd eating contest...

work and personally I feel some questionable reffing ;D