G2
Crone
TJ
Zeke
Ricky
Ryan C
Peissig
Brock

Some more likely than others, but this could certainly be a lineup we might see at least once this coming season.

well this post just ruined my year
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

hornbuckleb

Quote from: TeamJ on June 17, 2015, 11:50:49 AM
Is it unrealistic to expect the Badger wrestling club or UW to have a presence at something large like the WTT last weekend (or youth/HS state, folkstyle/freestyle)? They could have made a couple bucks off me for a raffle or t-shirt at any of these events.  Maybe they were there and I missed them?  I just went to their website...pretty weak.

Is it unrealistic for some to notice what is going on around them..
Who do you think organized the large event.  Announced several times during the event about the raffle.  Did you attend the Steak Fry?

charteroak1

I agree, you had to not be listening to Sexy Scott Casber all weekend to know that the tournament was not put on by WWCA and The Badger Wrestling Club.  Mitch and crew did a great job hosting this once again.  I just don't understand how coaches and wrestling fans in the state don't want to attend this tournament.  It's basically the Olympic Trials in our backyard.

lizard king

It is hard for people to get to fired up to go, take time out of their summer, and spend the money, when they really do not know many people wrestling.  Ok, that sounds stupid to anyone on this board but....  When your son is in youth wrestling you know all the kids in youth wrestling and you can talk about them.  When you are a HS coach or your kids are in HS you watch that and if you are nuts you know every kid just about.  Very few end up wrestling in college.  If, or when they do, they follow that as well and then this event becomes much more interesting.  But, on the same hand when you are a college wrestling fan, it becomes tougher to watch, or follow HS.  I guess my point is, wrestling is a tough sport to follow because the lack of press and other exposure.  You really do need to make an effort to follow it, and it doesn't seem to me that many people make too much of an effort at anything any more.

npope

Lizard King, I don't think anyone is obliged to be a fan of a sport when that sport isn't fan-friendly - I don't think this is on the backs of the wrestling fans being lazy, etc. Successful pro sports, e.g., NBA, NFL, etc., are built on their marketing - they are successful because they have marketed themselves well. They aren't successful because high shool basketball/football families have been "shamed" into being a fan, as if it were somehow their obligation to the sport at the next higher level.

Wrestling is simply an amateur as a marketing entity - they just don't know how to go about doing it any better. The same can be said for any number of other sports, e.g., swimming, track, etc. It's not the fans - its the sports' organizing committees.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Quote from: lizard king on June 18, 2015, 07:30:08 AM
It is hard for people to get to fired up to go, take time out of their summer, and spend the money, when they really do not know many people wrestling.  Ok, that sounds stupid to anyone on this board but....  When your son is in youth wrestling you know all the kids in youth wrestling and you can talk about them.  When you are a HS coach or your kids are in HS you watch that and if you are nuts you know every kid just about.  Very few end up wrestling in college.  If, or when they do, they follow that as well and then this event becomes much more interesting.  But, on the same hand when you are a college wrestling fan, it becomes tougher to watch, or follow HS.  I guess my point is, wrestling is a tough sport to follow because the lack of press and other exposure.  You really do need to make an effort to follow it, and it doesn't seem to me that many people make too much of an effort at anything any more.

Interesting Lizard, I disagree that you have to have wrestled or have a son wrestle in college to get connected to college and UW wrestling. Just a passion for wrestling and getting to know the guys. I guarantee that every guy and every coach on the UW staff will take time to talk with anyone. I think there are many that follow and watch and get to know those involved in youth, HS, college and even national/international competition. We are not connected with PSU yet when we were in Iowa for the O trials we had great conversations with those guys. Same with Jordan B, very approachable. You just need to know the sport and use the opportunity.

But we are get way off topic. Back to the line up. Wonder how Brock does? I have only watched him a few times and not sure how things would go against B!G guys.

mkm13

If the above lineup is the one we will have, I hope people have realistic expectations going into the year. 

lizard king

I don't mean to get people off topic, and maybe this is a different topic, but (It is the off season and I need something to fill my wrestling time), back to the topic, with the lineup the way it is, people need to not expect a lot.  Some great wrestlers that will place high and keep UW in the top 15 at the NCAAs.  They need to either finds away to recruit more, (which will take time), or develop what they have now.  That was my point awhile ago, is developing not really an option?  By the way I saw a new projected lineup for Michigan, they will be REALLY tough to beat. 

npope

Quote from: hammen on June 17, 2015, 06:57:50 AM
Jimenez
RT
G2
Crone
TJ
Zeke
Ricky
Ryan C
Peissig
Brock

Some more likely than others, but this could certainly be a lineup we might see at least once this coming season.

Are you expecting Crone to beat-out Lubeck (et al.) for 149, or is there something going on there that we haven't yet heard about? I would have thought the incumbent (for the past two years) would be the odds-on favorite.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Gutwrench

Quote from: mkm13 on June 18, 2015, 08:44:36 AM
If the above lineup is the one we will have, I hope people have realistic expectations going into the year. 

I honestly suspect the vast majority of the people here recognize UW will end up in the B1G and NCAA at about the same placement as they have been.  With a couple studs the UW will have some success and score some points, however they do not have enough horses to make a push past the middle of the pack.  In addition, there are some guys on the team with little varsity experience that have shown some promise.  

I just hope that overall we can support and celebrate the accomplishments and improvements these young men WILL have this coming year.  We need to support these young men in the gym with our audible cheers, and online in these forums with our virtual cheers.

Go Badgers!

dad 2 5

Crone/Lubeck are an interesting pair. Crone can score and has a motor that last all 7 minutes. Lubeck has the ability to stay in matches and is close to having some good wins. Both have battled injuries. If Crone is healthy I think he has a little more upside. I would think they will continue to push each other and improve.

Ivan Stankowski

I wish Lubeck would/could open up more offensively, he is tremendous athlete with tons of athletic ability and appears to hold back at times. I would guess he is one of the most athletic wrestlers on the team.

woody53

I have nothing to add to this, Truth !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

hornbuckleb

Quote from: woody53 on June 18, 2015, 07:17:49 PM
I have nothing to add to this, Truth !

Lets just wait until we get booted from the Olympics and then we can be true fans again :-X

fastnfurious

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Crone takes the spot at 149, and Scharenbrock takes 157