Fire Ron Roenicke Now Thread

Started by easytopin, April 08, 2015, 09:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

I cannot take another nitwit move by this manager...1st and second no outs in 6th (Davis batting), and just like last year no bunt but rather an easy double play. Then Will Smith standing in bullpen waiting for the call against a tuff lefty and no call occurs and Dickerson homers.  I know we are only three games into the season but come on enuf is enuf.

easytopin

And the stupidness continues...man on 2nd righty Broxton vs Cargo with man on 2nd, walk him to set up double play and go righty vs righty even if its Tulo...but no pitch to Cargo, oops homerun...Tulo grounds out next. OMG

boowrestle

Look at most teams batters #3- 6 in the order pretty much never are called on to bunt!they are in those spots in the order to drive in runs,maybe in 8th or 9th but definately not in the 6th inning! You dont play small ball with the heart of your lineup! ???
you can run but you cannot hide.

easytopin

When you are slumping you do what you have to do to score a single run.

neutral

Quote from: easytopin on April 09, 2015, 08:13:12 PM
When you are slumping you do what you have to do to score a single run.

Agreed about the bunt ... in this situation ... at this time.

I don't care where you bat in the order ... there are situations that call for a well executed bunt - and if you're a major league player ... you should be able to execute - unless you're not given anything buntable ... (which means you walk ... or strike out on 3 high strikes).
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

easytopin

easytopin