NCAA'S

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., March 20, 2015, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Nice to see the Badgers are peaking in march

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Rough round, but still have 1 in the semis, 2 in the round of 12, and 3 in the round of 16...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Handles II

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 20, 2015, 01:05:35 PM
Nice to see the Badgers are peaking in march

I can see the sarcasm dripping from your statement.

Bucky seems to have trouble finishing the close ones. Traditionally, 2nds, 4ths, 6ths, 8ths, vs 1,3,5,7.  Love to see that change this weekend.

CLC FAN

So frustrating to be denied having 3 in the semis by losing to 2 guys Bucky beat at Big 10s!!  I know the athletes and coaches always talk about one match at a time... but you wonder how many of the upsets (not just our two that just lost) happen because a guy is just the tiniest bit looking forward in the bracket or resting on - I've beaten him twice this year.  You would expect that with the difference in talent at that level being so thin, the smallest little lack of mental focus could cost you big. 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Tonight - Round of 12

Taylor vs Montoya
Jordan v Moreno
McCall vs Huntley

Semis
Medbery vs Gwiazodowski
Kirk Nelson

hammen

I don't think it has to do with looking ahead at all. It's tough to beat guys consistently at this level. RT got the better of Gulibon at Big Tens in a tight match. He made a mistake rolling around and gave up back points that cost him the match. He did a similar roll against Gulibon at Big Tens and got away. Zeke was what 4-0 against Walsh lifetime going into this match, with basically all wins being 1 or 2 points? Walsh is super tough to finish on and is a leech on top. Zeke was all over the legs but just couldn't finish the last time but was so close to 2 and 2. The only guy who can't/hasn't wrestle to seed is RT. All other guys have wrestled to or can wrestle to their seed. It's s tough tournament. Just look at all of the top guys going down. We just happened to be on the unfortunate end of 2 of those. Good thing is these 2 are sophomores and aren't in a situation like Kokesh taking his first loss and having to win 1 more just to AA.

It sucks - everyone is disappointed because we have big expectations. That's a good thing - it says a lot about the guys we have. Just gotta take the tournament as it goes - get these 3 wins on the backside and finish with 4 AA's. They all have tough bouts coming up, Zeke in particular with #2 Moreno. Let's see if Zeke can turn the result the other way around for his second AA finish in as many years. And let's see Connor find that motor again and knock off the returning champ!

leg turk

I don't think we are getting to our tie's enough, or attacking the legs enough.

DocWrestling

4 guys left.

285-Medberry in semis and is guaranteed AA

These guys need to win to be come All-Americans

133- #2 Taylor has Montoya from Nebraska-  Taylor beat him 12-4 in dual

165- #3 Jordan has #2 Moreno with winner becoming All-American and one goes home empty-  Hope he is pumped.  Moreno pinned him in their only match

197- #12 McCall has #8 Huntley from Michigan-  Huntley beat McCall 9-6 in dual
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Handles II

Isn't that rolling around stuff what cost Graff last year and something Barry specifically said "we need to stop rolling around"?

I didn't see Taylors match, but reading on a few other places, it sounds kind of similar...

Stinks. Hope everyone keeps pulling forward. It could be easy for Jordan to fold after winning the big 10's, lots of other guys have done it in the same situation. Hope that isn't the case and he comes all the way back.

npope

I know that we all tend to focus on the results of the "big dogs," but geezzz, Cousins' win over Massa was pretty sweet and worthy of note.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: npope on March 20, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
I know that we all tend to focus on the results of the "big dogs," but geezzz, Cousins' win over Massa was pretty sweet and worthy of note.

And Top 16 is a great finish for Frank Cousins !!
Kirk Nelson

DocWrestling

Quote from: npope on March 20, 2015, 02:50:42 PM

It was good to see him come back after a dud of a match against Welch.  Welch's only win of tourney.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Ricky Robertson had a great season also...  In fact, an awesome year for the redshirt freshman...  Top 16 as well...

After awhile, it was easy to take for granted how good he was ... he was solid and consistent all year long !!
Kirk Nelson

stbird

Agreed!  He was so tough I kind of just assumed he'd be an all american this year. 

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 20, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Ricky Robertson had a great season also...  In fact, an awesome year for the redshirt freshman...  Top 16 as well...

After awhile, it was easy to take for granted how good he was ... he was solid and consistent all year long !!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stbird on March 20, 2015, 03:46:25 PM
Agreed!  He was so tough I kind of just assumed he'd be an all american this year. 

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 20, 2015, 03:22:01 PM

Not trying to be a jerk but might I ask why?

Did he beat any wrestler ranked in the top 8 or 9 this season?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!