Badgers Day 2

Started by hammen, March 07, 2015, 08:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

133 - RT vs Dardanes for 1st. This will be a very interesting match, as dardanes is likely similar in strength as RT. Both coming off overtime wins. RT is rolling

141 - Jesse vs Oster of NW for 7th. Jesse lost in the dual on a few scrambles that went Oster's way. He's funky and good on top. If Jesse keeps this on the feet and wrestle the same as he did today, I don't think he should have much of a problem getting 7th here.

165 - Zeke vs cousin Bo for 1st. This will be fun. I have no doubt both will let it fly.

174 - Frank vs Massa for 7th. Rematch of the first round. Hopefully Frank can turn the result around. He's wrestling well right now.

184 - Ricky vs Brooks of Iowa in conso semis. I hate Iowa.

285 - Connor vs kroells of MN in conso semis. I hope Connor is on his A game because Kroells nearly upset McMullan in the quarters. Dude has huge hips. Can't go underneath him.

Overall I think we wrestled very well today. Aggressive and offensive for the most part. Hope Timmy is okay - super unfortunate to take what looked like a serious injury at this time. I could type more of my thoughts but I'm told it's date night so I must go.

hammen

Team scores going into Day 2:

Tournament Teams

Team   Season Team   Abbr    Count   Points
1.       Ohio State, OH    Ohio State, OH (GET)   OSU   14   102.5
2.       Iowa, IA    Iowa, IA (GET)   IOWA   12   101.0
3.       Minnesota, MN    Minnesota, MN (GET)   MINN   11   86.5
4.       Michigan, MI    Michigan, MI (GET)   MICH   15   80.5
5.       Illinois, IL    Illinois, IL (GET)   ILL   14   79.0
6.       Penn State, PA    Penn State, PA (GET)   PSU   13   78.5
7.       Nebraska, NE    Nebraska, NE (GET)   NEB   15   70.5
8.       Wisconsin, WI    Wisconsin, WI (GET)   WIS   14   64.5
9.       Northwestern, IL    Northwestern, IL (GET)   NU   12   56.5
10.       Purdue, IN    Purdue, IN (GET)   PUR   15   33.5
11.       Rutgers, NJ    Rutgers, NJ (GET)   RUT   16   18.5
12.       Michigan State, MI    Michigan State, MI (GET)   MSU   14   12.5
13.       Indiana, IN    Indiana, IN (GET)   IND   11   11.5
14.       Maryland, MD    Maryland, MD (GET)   MD   14   9.5

stp

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Musky Hunter

Really do appreciate the updates.  Just catching up now.  Talked to RT he is ready to roll tomorrow.  Would love to see a couple 1st place finishes to quiet some of the haters up. 

MNbadger

"I hate Iowa"

Doesn't every human being?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Micah

So six have qualified? Unfortunate ending to the year for McCall, is there a shot at a WC or is he done with the injury?

I am praying to the wrestling gods Moore and Kelly do not get WCs!  Kick the man while he is down!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Micah on March 08, 2015, 08:24:48 AM
So six have qualified? Unfortunate ending to the year for McCall, is there a shot at a WC or is he done with the injury?

I am praying to the wrestling gods Moore and Kelly do not get WCs!  Kick the man while he is down!

I would think Timmy McCall has an excellent shot at a Wild Card.  He has beat numerous top wrestlers, and beat Atwood at the Big Tens... has been top 10-18 all year..  hopefully he is healthy...

Johnny is out I presume because of limited matches and never ranked... TJ wrestled most of the year at 149 - I think they only consider wins at 157...  Rylan might have an outside shot....his two losses at the tounament are to a finalist and a top 6 placer.. not sure if he has enough wins overall though...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Huckfinn

Quote from: Micah on March 08, 2015, 08:24:48 AMI am praying to the wrestling gods Moore and Kelly do not get WCs!  Kick the man while he is down!
True, the only good Hawkeye is an eliminated Hawkeye.  But you know, those are two guys who don't act like jerks, and truth be told, most of their wrestlers are just fierce competitors.  The jackwagons this year are Gillman, Dziewa, Evans and Telford.

Huckfinn

Here's how many medalists (finalists) each team has:
Ohio State 9 (4)
Iowa 8 (4)
Minnesota  8 (3)
Michigan 9 (1)
Illinois 9 (1)
Penn State 7 (2)
Nebraska 7 (1)
Wisconsin  6 (2)
Northwestern 6 (2)
Purdue 5
Rutgers 2
Michigan State 1
Indiana 1
Maryland 2

If McCall hadn't pulled up lame, WI would be up in Penn State territory.

It's not good that there are four teams who shouldn't have bothered showing up.  The lack of talent in that large basement makes for a lot of boring dual meets.  (Rutgers is better than they showed yesterday.)

MNbadger

"True, the only good Hawkeye is an eliminated Hawkeye."

Love that line! :)

I have to say, the Hawks are not as jerky as they have been in yers past.......... I still agree with your line above however.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

leg turk

Has Taylor wrestled Dardanes before?  Curious if they have any history with each other.

hammen

Quote from: leg turk on March 08, 2015, 10:15:48 AM
Has Taylor wrestled Dardanes before?  Curious if they have any history with each other.

This will be their first match.

jw52

What time do finals start? I assume B1G network is showing them live?

hammen

Quote from: jw52 on March 08, 2015, 10:37:33 AM
What time do finals start? I assume B1G network is showing them live?

You are correct. Start time is 2pm CST live on BTN.

crossface21

Thielke medical forfeits to Oster.