120 3rd and 5th

Started by MarkK, February 28, 2015, 01:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

Overtime  Stalling called 1 point awarded to Senthavisouk in the 30 seconds period.   Spray was holding a single leg up in the air and two stalling calls resulting in one point.   He then held Spray and earns third place.  nice match
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Kodonnelllaw

Didn't agree with the call. He was trying to sweep the foot. Let them wrestle it out...

MHSfan

Good call would like to see more like it. Rapids kid didn't respond to the warning.  He could of did anything including circling out, but held on thinking the ref wouldn't call the stall.

MarkK

I'll admit you don't see that in a 30 second overtime too often, but I'm not sure it wasn't the right call. He was warned.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Ghetto

He continued to do the same thing after being warned. I thought it was the right call.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

suspended106

I agree with electric guy nice 5th place match very entertaining  :)😂😂😂😂😂😂

wraslfan

Quote from: suspended106 on February 28, 2015, 03:22:55 PM
I agree with electric guy nice 5th place match very entertaining  :)😂😂😂😂😂😂
Let it go already...Geez. I'm pretty sure, whatever he did, he did not do it with the intention to spoil your day, or to spoil another kids day.

skincondition

Watched the 120 3rd place match.  Great match.  The stalling calls were clearly legit.  Great job by the official.  And I thought the officiating crew was really really good all weekend.

Birdy11

I did see the match.   When the ref called stalling against Spray, it seemed that Spray was still trying to return him.   I would have thought that the ref would have stopped the match for a restart.  I do not generally agree with those saying that Spray was stalling with the leg up.  If you were watching the match, it seemed clear that he was trying to return him to the mat.   There were also times where Spray would get in deep and the opponent would flee the mat.   One of those times it seemed very evident that he was fleeing and a point was warranted for that but not awarded.   With that stalling call, was Spray just supposed to let him go?  I thought that the point was to work to return your opponent.  Seemed to me that he was working very hard to return his.  Just my thoughts...