Best to Never Win a State Title

Started by wrestlingislife_189, February 24, 2015, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteghost

Quote from: fireman on February 24, 2015, 12:26:28 PM
One that should have had another shot, 2x state finalist Eric Schmid from Verona.  Crappy way to end an outstanding career for the young man. 

What happen to him?

Manty77

Quote from: whiteghost on March 06, 2015, 01:24:33 PM
One that should have had another shot, 2x state finalist Eric Schmid from Verona.  Crappy way to end an outstanding career for the young man. 

What happen to him?

failed skin test at Regionals

Dale

Just remembered a good one.  Rick Cywinski, DCE, mid 80's.

Asst. Coach

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.

TLV

Quote from: Manty77 on March 06, 2015, 01:38:15 PM

What happen to him?

Not sure what that means.......an infection or at least a rash? I was looking forward to seeing him again this year and was also wondering what happened. Horrible way to end a career.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

bigG

Woe. You guys are pulling obvious choices out of the woodwork.

I always wish I'd seen Laurent Soucie in HS. I know I have; just can't remember exactly.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

tiger

Quote from: TLV on March 24, 2015, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: Manty77 on March 06, 2015, 01:38:15 PM

What happen to him?

Ringworm on scalp.

Not sure what that means.......an infection or at least a rash? I was looking forward to seeing him again this year and was also wondering what happened. Horrible way to end a career.

bigG

littleguy301

Quote from: Street Glide on March 05, 2015, 01:53:23 PM
Gabe Paulson SR year, I think 2012 record of 43-0. Ranked #2 popped his miniscus stretching out2 days before sectional.   Some consolidation his brother Bennett picked a championship this year.

Good choice, he was having an outstanding year to say the least!

How about FESTER? not that he set the world on fire in high school ( a 4th place finish one year) but he went on to some legendary folklore in these parts with his tenacious wrestling during his college years. Or maybe it was his off the mat tenacious way he attacked life ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Spartan

Uncle Fester was a legend both on and off the mat in College. and at MNBadgers wedding.

uncle Fester

my loss at mnbadgers wedding is still giving me nightmares....
we didnt come here for a picnic

Spartan

Someone had to win that night, it was one heck of a competition

OneEyedFatMan

Well, if that's your criteria, then I choose John Peterson!

Actually, Mike Terry from Sun Prairie was pretty good...just had a bad semi match. He ended up as an easy 2 time AA for UW.

Quote from: maggie on March 05, 2015, 09:07:20 AM
Ill stick to my pick of Mineral Points Joe T, just by looking at who he wrestled in tho's finals and lost too.. and what they accomplished afterwards...
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

wrestlingdad

Being a little biased, I will throw out a couple West De Pere wrestlers (I know, I know not a huge wrestling tradition at West De Pere, but we have had a couple)...Tony Kazik, Alex Puckhaber, and Mark Puckhaber.

bigG

Mark Hemauer- Sun Prairie

Fritz Lehrke was almost impossible to beat at that time. 2-1 I think it was.