Big Rivers State Qualifiers

Started by The Last Ride, February 22, 2015, 08:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Congrats to the Big Rivers Conf State Qualifiers !!! 14 of you!!

And to those seniors who wrestled their last match good luck to all of you! You had the courage to step on the mat and give it your all!
We go back and forth on here with a little humor, but I will be rooting for all Big Rivers, and New Richmond kid in Madison.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Pheasant 1984

That was nice Last Ride! Good luck to all our west side grapplers at state! I enjoyed getting to know all the wrestling parents and wrestlers over my sons 4 year career! Thank you all for the kind words for my son over the years.
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

OldAbes72

Hope Joe is doing ok. Never like to see a senior finish up their career injured. He's a good kid.

The Last Double23

Does anyone know why Derek Dowd forfeited his finals match? I don't know if he got hurt, sick, or what happened

Han Solo

Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 22, 2015, 09:18:32 PM
Does anyone know why Derek Dowd forfeited his finals match? I don't know if he got hurt, sick, or what happened

He hates red haired people with a passion. 

No, but I heard he was sick all week and was saving his energy for a (potential) wrestle back. 
Never tell me the odds!

The Last Double23

Quote from: Han Solo on February 22, 2015, 09:31:17 PM

No, but I heard he was sick all week and was saving his energy for a (potential) wrestle back. 

Dang that was one of the matches I wanted to see

Han Solo

Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 22, 2015, 09:47:23 PM

Ya too bad.  Hope he is feeling better at state.  I like watching him wrestle.  Hard to score on and really unorthodox.  I was watching his finals match at bi-state and Schmid from Verona had him up in the air on a double leg, as he was taking him down to the mat Dowd somehow ended up on top.  It was pretty incredible. 
Never tell me the odds!

The Last Double23

Quote from: Han Solo on February 22, 2015, 10:23:08 PM

Ya too bad.  Hope he is feeling better at state.  I like watching him wrestle.  Hard to score on and really unorthodox.  I was watching his finals match at bi-state and Schmid from Verona had him up in the air on a double leg, as he was taking him down to the mat Dowd somehow ended up on top.  It was pretty incredible. 

I saw that. Dowd is so long and he uses that very well when he wrestles. I also feel bad for Schmid. He worked hard all year and gets DQ at regionals for skin a disease     

Han Solo

Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 22, 2015, 10:35:55 PM
Quote from: Han Solo on February 22, 2015, 10:23:08 PM

I saw that. Dowd is so long and he uses that very well when he wrestles. I also feel bad for Schmid. He worked hard all year and gets DQ at regionals for skin a disease     

Yep.  Tough break for a senior.  Don't take any chances kids.  Always get a doctor to sign it off. 
Never tell me the odds!

ecnorth

Rice Lake also had two qualifiers!  Best of luck to all in the BRC. 

Always tough to see some of the BRC seniors HS careers come to an end..  I know we have some top-notch young men come through our program that will be missed. 

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: OldAbes72 on February 22, 2015, 08:08:58 PM
Hope Joe is doing ok. Never like to see a senior finish up their career injured. He's a good kid.

Thank you! He's doing good. Nothing broke. Cat scan was negative but has a concussion! Yeah, that's a tough way to end your high school career, but he  had a  pretty good career! Thanks for the kind words!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

The Last Ride

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on February 23, 2015, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: OldAbes72 on February 22, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Thank you! He's doing good. Nothing broke. Cat scan was negative but has a concussion! Yeah, that's a tough way to end your high school career, but he  had a  pretty good career! Thanks for the kind words!
That is great to hear Mr. Ford!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Kensbud76

Han Solo, I have heard your Ginger comments before..this RedHead will meet you anywhere..

Han Solo

Quote from: Kensbud76 on February 23, 2015, 08:20:39 PM

Han Solo, I have heard your Ginger comments before..this RedHead will meet you anywhere..

Haha. I wouldn't advise anyone messing with Hudson's red head at 160 either...
Never tell me the odds!

Kensbud76

Quote from: Han Solo on February 23, 2015, 09:48:15 PM
Quote from: Kensbud76 on February 23, 2015, 08:20:39 PM

Haha. I wouldn't advise anyone messing with Hudson's red head at 160 either...
True...Good luck to all!