Any Big Time Individual Matchups at Team Sect Tonight?

Started by Han Solo, February 17, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Warrior

Amery did the same thing against Ellsworth with the last three. Marko and Conner were two of them which were obviously favored.

Vinsanity 4

I have seen both Bloy and Peplinski wrestle more than once this year and although Bloy's unorthodox style might confuse and or antagonize Peplinski for a short time I believe Peplinski would eventually get mad of having his head hung on and turn it on in the 3rd period and win convincingly.  Yes Freedom big underdog at 170 as well. JMO and not from WB either.

Street Glide

Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on February 18, 2015, 03:52:41 PM
I have seen both Bloy and Peplinski wrestle more than once this year and although Bloy's unorthodox style might confuse and or antagonize Peplinski for a short time I believe Peplinski would eventually get mad of having his head hung on and turn it on in the 3rd period and win convincingly.  Yes Freedom big underdog at 170 as well. JMO and not from WB either.

Bloy to me has no confusion at all.  Simpley hangs onto the the back of the head to try wear out kids.  Think I've watched him 5-6 times and yet to see a shot.   My guess Peplinksi will have none of it.  Will be fun to see

Vinsanity 4

Sorry Glide confused was a bad choice of words there. Can't write what I really wanted to say on a public forum but let's just say I agree with you and I believe Peplinski will have none of it either. I also have yet to see Bloy take a shot in his matches but I am sure his technique of head and neck hanging have baffled a good portion of his opponents this year.

padre

Quote from: Orca on February 18, 2015, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 12:06:55 PM
just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...

They forfeited 3...they were major underdogs in all three though.

Bloy was a major underdog against Peplinski?
VanGrinsven was a major underdog against Kreger?
I will agree with you at 170, but that statement is a bit reaching sir.

JV vs. Kreger at 170
VanGrinsven vs. Peplinski at 182
Bloy vs. Peplinski 195

Yes...3 major underdogs.

While some may speculate that because of rankings Bloy and Peplinski are dead even I do not see that as the case....to me Bloy is wrestling a weight up from where he should be...but I guess they will see on Saturday.

It's highly difficult to take Peplinski down...same goes with getting away from him...and pretty much not going to ride him out.  It will be a different animal for Bloy...I guess see how that style works out....that style didn't work that great at 220 and 285 for them and is hard to watch at times.

Paul Harvey

Any chance this thread can circle back to the original question of some big matches that actually DID happen?  ::)

Who cares about the matches that did not happen......
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

padre

Yauch vs. Walrath was a very good match.  Yauch is huge at the weight.

Paul Harvey

Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 06:05:11 PM

So I don't have to go to Track, who won?
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

padre

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 18, 2015, 06:09:14 PM

Very even match but a very nice 4 point move by Walrath gave him the victory.

wrestle84

Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

Which Yauch, and at what weight?

LUNKER

Quote from: wrestle84 on February 18, 2015, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

Which Yauch, and at what weight?
Cody, the younger Yauch. At 132, Chris is on a mission yet again this year at 38

Orca

Quote from: Street Glide on February 18, 2015, 04:05:50 PM
Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on February 18, 2015, 03:52:41 PM

Bloy to me has no confusion at all.  Simpley hangs onto the the back of the head to try wear out kids.  Think I've watched him 5-6 times and yet to see a shot.   My guess Peplinksi will have none of it.  Will be fun to see

You're right. Exciting time of the year. Should be fun to see how Saturday goes for everyone.
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

missinghome

I don't buy the "he might get injured" statement. If everyone is so afraid of kids getting hurt before sectionals why do we have a team state? These are high school kids let them wrestle. Theses kids have wrestled 40 or 50 matches already this year. Com on man! Everyone talks about the numbers in wrestling dwindling, well start filling the stands with a great product and more kids will want to be part of it.

aarons23

Quote from: missinghome on February 19, 2015, 07:30:24 AM
I don't buy the "he might get injured" statement. If everyone is so afraid of kids getting hurt before sectionals why do we have a team state? These are high school kids let them wrestle. Theses kids have wrestled 40 or 50 matches already this year. Com on man! Everyone talks about the numbers in wrestling dwindling, well start filling the stands with a great product and more kids will want to be part of it.

So by this standard every football team, basketball team etc....should keep their best players in through out the game.....just meet your entertainment expectations.  It's high school sports....coaches has no responsibility to you or the spectators....just to put his athletes in the best situation to be successful.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

wraslfan

Quote from: aarons23 on February 19, 2015, 07:56:43 AM
Quote from: missinghome on February 19, 2015, 07:30:24 AM

So by this standard every football team, basketball team etc....should keep their best players in through out the game.....just meet your entertainment expectations.  It's high school sports....coaches has no responsibility to you or the spectators....just to put his athletes in the best situation to be successful.
Football and basketball have other players that come in if a game gets out of hand, they don't just forfeit and go home. Some schools have JV or Varsity reserve wrestlers to wrestle in place of a "starter", some don't. I don't necessarily blame a coach for not wrestling the matches, there may be injuries a wrestler needs to heal from or the fear of a potential injury. BUT, in no other sport do you see this happen. From a fan's perspective it is a valid complaint. Fans came to see a sectional team state dual meet...Forfeiting your way to win is odd to all but the wrestling community.