Any Big Time Individual Matchups at Team Sect Tonight?

Started by Han Solo, February 17, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

There was an inj default in the Hudson St. Point match last night too! Not sure where I sit on forfeiting matches!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

shift

To clarify on J Meyer.

Hes fine, he got DQed cause he slammed Brett Von Ruden...  Now Von Ruden on the other hand may have to miss sectionals because of it but that's undetermined though.

Dale Einerson

Not the same philosophy at all...just a huge stretch.

To a key point, the Freedom wrestlers that forfeited had qualified for individual sectionals.  Your example misses this difference.

Orca

Ramsey Bloy (#4 195) and August Peplinski (#1 195) have a great chance of meeting up on Saturday. I would have loved to see that match up Tuesday night; however, there was no point in risking anyone's health for Freedom. They will need a full line up to beat Sparta at team state. Why risk the chance for the kids to do something special as a team for the benefit of the spectators. I am sure there were still plenty of happy fans in that gym despite not having the last three matches. Same thing goes for the Wittenberg wrestlers. I am sure they would be pretty upset if something happened to them right before sectionals in a match that wouldn't help their team advance.
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

wrestle84

Quote from: shift on February 18, 2015, 12:38:41 PM
To clarify on J Meyer.

Hes fine, he got DQed cause he slammed Brett Von Ruden...  Now Von Ruden on the other hand may have to miss sectionals because of it but that's undetermined though.

Thanks for the clarification. When I checked on Track, it said injury. I hope Von Ruden can wrestle saturday.

imnofish

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 18, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
I agree with the Freedom Coaches; Aarons...agreeing with Freedom I might have suspected, but agreeing with Aarons is entirely unexpected.

If you want to watch meaningless bouts, google something, or just watch any political-entertainment station, or Beverly Hills Housewives...

Probably the same people complaining about this that would complain if somebody got hurt and couldn't continue in the State Tournament series after injury in a meaningless bout. 

My heavens, you want your new rope and you want to eat it too...

I am going to nominate you for the Mixed Metaphor of the Year Award.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestle84

Quote from: Orca on February 18, 2015, 12:52:51 PM
Ramsey Bloy (#4 195) and August Peplinski (#1 195) have a great chance of meeting up on Saturday. I would have loved to see that match up Tuesday night; however, there was no point in risking anyone's health for Freedom. They will need a full line up to beat Sparta at team state. Why risk the chance for the kids to do something special as a team for the benefit of the spectators. I am sure there were still plenty of happy fans in that gym despite not having the last three matches. Same thing goes for the Wittenberg wrestlers. I am sure they would be pretty upset if something happened to them right before sectionals in a match that wouldn't help their team advance.

I think it is quite common at team sectionals for a team to forfeit the rest of the matches after a win is locked up. It happens all the time.

Ghetto

Justin Folley (Tosa) over Josh Hickey (Cedarburg) 9-6. I wish I could have seen that one last night.

There were tons of good matches in the Milton v. Stoughton dual, and a few in the Whitnall v. Pewaukee dual.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Street Glide

I too am surprised, but I have to agree with aarons23.  These kids that have worked so hard all year to advance towards the State Tournament need not wrestle a incidental match because of fan pressure.  There is no reason to risk injury, and yes these injuries do happen.  Are we that selfish?  

Can't believe I agreed with aarons23.

padre

Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 12:06:55 PM
just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...

They forfeited 3...they were major underdogs in all three though.

aarons23

Quote from: Street Glide on February 18, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
I too am surprised, but I have to agree with aarons23.  These kids that have worked so hard all year to advance towards the State Tournament need not wrestle a incidental match because of fan pressure.  There is no reason to risk injury, and yes these injuries do happen.  Are we that selfish?  

Can't believe I agreed with aarons23.

That had to be hard for you to say..... :o
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Orca

Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 01:53:46 PM
just curious , how many matches did freedom happen to forfeit?... I'm also wondering of those matches that were forfeited, was it because the wrestlers might meet again this weekend...thanks if anyone knows...

Bloy was a major underdog against Peplinski?
VanGrinsven was a major underdog against Kreger?
I will agree with you at 170, but that statement is a bit reaching sir.
What was hard to bear is sweet to remember

Dale Einerson

Quote from: imnofish on February 18, 2015, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 18, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
I agree with the Freedom Coaches; Aarons...agreeing with Freedom I might have suspected, but agreeing with Aarons is entirely unexpected.

If you want to watch meaningless bouts, google something, or just watch any political-entertainment station, or Beverly Hills Housewives...

Probably the same people complaining about this that would complain if somebody got hurt and couldn't continue in the State Tournament series after injury in a meaningless bout. 

My heavens, you want your new rope and you want to eat it too...

I am going to nominate you for the Mixed Metaphor of the Year Award.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you!

I just thought we should nip the smelly rat in the bud.

WINfan

Quote from: padre on February 18, 2015, 01:53:46 PM

how is Bloy a Major underdog???