Sectional (Individual) Predictions

Started by Han Solo, February 15, 2015, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

I'm kinda partial, but I believe there are 3 very good wrestlers at 106! Looks like 120 is stacked too!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Stripes

Pressure this time of year is a tough thing. Kids put enough of it on themselves. I would caution against adding anymore. As for 2 studs at 106, there are, plus 2 or 3 other seasoned, quality kids. It always is a grind and there are always ups and downs and the unthinkable upset happens every year at this tournament. Especially at those light weights, being an upper classman doesn't carry the kind of weight that it does at the upper weights. I could definitely be wrong, but we saw the result of ford and phillips at regionals. Koontz is real long and likes to use those underhooks. That could expose the stature of Ford. Menomonie has a top notch staff and I am sure they have a game plan to beat not only Koontz, but to be a sectional champ. The menomonie kids are definitely going to be hungry as they were not able to wrestle in their own gym for team sectionals and advance to team state. The mustangs know how close and competitive they were with Hudson, so seeing the result Tuesday night in their own backyard has probably added a little fire to the belly as they think about the team opportunity that could have been. They will try to turn that into individual success. 3 state champs is not out of the question with two more fighting for a place. Good luck to all on the west side. As dunn county said, now is the time for all of us to be on the same team... As long as it isn't in a wrestle back round.  ;D

CuttingWeight101

It would be nice to see Joey make it at 106 since he is a senior and its his last go but with that loss to Phillips at regional's its going to be tough for him to make cause he has to beat either Phillips or Koontz and they are both studs. But with a tournament like this anything can happen especially with Joey's experience.

Pheasant 1984

Thanks for the kind words guys! It's definately going to be a tougher road this year! He seems to be focused and I'll say a prayer before bed and let the chips fall where they may fall! A couple pretty good wrestlers will be missing state at 106 no matter who advances! Good luck to all and hope every wrestler stays healthy and injury free tomorrow! Go BRC!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!