Sectional (Individual) Predictions

Started by Han Solo, February 15, 2015, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han Solo

Quote from: Mustang Fan on February 16, 2015, 05:14:41 PM
I also watched the match from start to finish and saw no CHEAP TILT......Schlough is a low scoring,defensive wrestler...so please explain the CHEAP TILT !!

I think they were just referring to the name a lot of people call that move.  A cheap tilt is by no means, "cheap".  It's just a name for that move (a very high-level move that works against good kids).  Anyway, yeah Schlough is tough as nails to score on.  You can win a match by a couple points and still dominate.  I didn't see it unfortunately.  However, that was my guess after i saw the score.  I just don't see Schlough losing to anyone but Ziolokowski.  But, who knows!  I'm glad I get to watch it all unfold on Sat!  We sure do have a tough sectional! 

Never tell me the odds!

Mustang Fan

I agree, I feel Schlough will wrestle the DC Everest lad in the finals. Schlough is a very seasoned wrestler that seldom makes a mistake on the mat. Should be a great sectional in many weight classes!!

The Last Double23

Schlough wants for your mistake. Zerbian made one mistake during the match otherwise it was a pretty even match. In my mind the past doesn't matter when it comes to big tourneys like this. It will be a great day watching these kids battle it out

CuttingWeight101

Keifer from NR has a chance for the second spot at 170 as well, has had two close matches against Anderson this year and beat Kennelley at regionals in a wrestle back. This sectional will be a lot of fun to watch so many kids have a realistic chance at most weights.

Paul Harvey

I believe Zerbian and Anderson are going to have their hands full even getting through the first round Saturday at 45 so your rematch between Zerbian and Schlough might never happen. If they are successful and they do meet again my $ will be on Schlough. It would be a major upset if Zerbian pulls it off even though he did wrestle good last weekend.
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

CuttingWeight101

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 16, 2015, 07:23:24 PM
I believe Zerbian and Anderson are going to have their hands full even getting through the first round Saturday at 45 so your rematch between Zerbian and Schlough might never happen. If they are successful and they do meet again my $ will be on Schlough. It would be a major upset if Zerbian pulls it off even though he did wrestle good last weekend.

I think it will be a close match if there is a rematch. My prediction is a tied match going into the 3rd period with a takedown being the deciding factor. With that being said I give the advantage to Zerbian since Schlough is a defensive wrestler and Zerbian had the better shots last weekend.

Paul Harvey

Quote from: CuttingWeight101 on February 16, 2015, 06:52:38 PM
Keifer from NR has a chance for the second spot at 170 as well, has had two close matches against Anderson this year and beat Kennelley at regionals in a wrestle back. This sectional will be a lot of fun to watch so many kids have a realistic chance at most weights.

The match with Keifer and Anderson was not that close at the regional. I expected a better match but Anderson pretty much controlled the match throughout. I also believe Anderson will beat Kennelly by a larger margin if they see each other in the semis on Saturday. My guess is Anderson will not allow the cradle in a rematch. I think it just took him awhile to figure him out. IMO this is one of the better weights to watch but it will be Reinhardt and Anderson advancing.....

Paul Harvey

Quote from: Han Solo on February 16, 2015, 03:16:45 PM
Quote from: HMsDad on February 16, 2015, 03:12:39 PM
We get it Kyle! Good Luck bud!  ;)

By that I take it you think the poster is Kyle? Not likely at all.

I put a winky face and said, "But in all seriousness".  Then I went on to address the guy as if he was someone who I didn't know throughout my post.  I figured that would make it pretty obvious.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  Thought it would get a laugh or two.  Don't know why we are so hyper-sensitive on the forum. 

Han, you really need to stop with all the apologies. You are only adding to the hyper-sensitivity. No need for any PC chat on this forum. I think everyone is wearing their "Big Boy" pants (even though they are getting a little loose in the waist  ;) ) Let-R-Rip bud!

Han Solo

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 16, 2015, 08:02:38 PM
Quote from: Han Solo on February 16, 2015, 03:16:45 PM
Quote from: HMsDad on February 16, 2015, 03:12:39 PM
We get it Kyle! Good Luck bud!  ;)

By that I take it you think the poster is Kyle? Not likely at all.

I put a winky face and said, "But in all seriousness".  Then I went on to address the guy as if he was someone who I didn't know throughout my post.  I figured that would make it pretty obvious.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  Thought it would get a laugh or two.  Don't know why we are so hyper-sensitive on the forum. 

Han, you really need to stop with all the apologies. You are only adding to the hyper-sensitivity. No need for any PC chat on this forum. I think everyone is wearing their "Big Boy" pants (even though they are getting a little loose in the waist  ;) ) Let-R-Rip bud!

Yeah I feel like I shouldn't have to... but whatever.  Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings... It's not like we are all grown men on a wrestling website...  ;D
Never tell me the odds!

wildhorse

Rewatched the Schlough/Zerbian match.  First period schlough shoot 5 times, zerbian 4.( 0,0) second period Schlough turned zerbian with an an arm bar and rode him out. (3,0)Third period Zerbian chose down and got an escape.(3,1) Schlough was protecting the win while Zerbian was finishing with a flury. 3 blood stoppages really helped Zerbian stay in The match.
I wasn't listening,  I was just waiting for my turn to talk.

Joenlucy

Wild horse, you've been pretty quiet lately... Thought maybe somebody turned you into a stable pony. Predictions for sectionals or the match tonight in the new mustang barn?

The Last Double23

The shots were a lot of quick shots. No one really got to deep. Schlough may have protecting him self in the third but he also got warned for stalling for pushing Zerbian 

wildhorse

Quote from: Joenlucy on February 17, 2015, 06:38:07 AM
Wild horse, you've been pretty quiet lately... Thought maybe somebody turned you into a stable pony. Predictions for sectionals or the match tonight in the new mustang barn?
I don't like to predict with two stallions in my stable.
I wasn't listening,  I was just waiting for my turn to talk.

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: HMsDad on February 16, 2015, 03:39:00 PM
My guess

106 Phillips/ Koontz
113 Koontz/ Anderson
120 Veverka/ Deacon (Bailey and Hedrington could make this interesting)
126 Schlough/Younger
132 Arneson/ Koski
138 Bronson/ Peterson
145 Ziolkowski/  Zerbian (Wide open with Schlough,Kelz, Reas,and Anderson all capable to take the 2nd spot )
152 Dowd/ Schierl
160 Hertel/Massie
170 Reinhardt/ Anderson (Kennelly made it interesting at regional vs Anderson.)
182 Dahlby/ Waddell (Think Dahlby gets him this time.Will be a fun one to watch.)
195 Stokke/ Lang
220 Winch/Gierke
285 Schindler/ Nuutinen

I hope everyone's predictions are wrong at 106!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

The Last Double23

106 is gonna be tough. You got two studs in there, but anything is possible at big tourneys