Sectional (Individual) Predictions

Started by Han Solo, February 15, 2015, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Han Solo

I know it is early in the week, but the brackets are already out baby!  Who do you think moves on?

My Predictions: 

106.  Phillips ECN/ Koontz SP
113.  Koontz SP/ Anderson HUD
120.  Veverka DCE/ Deacon ECN
126.  Schlough MEN/ Younger NR
132.  Arneson MER/ Koski HUD
138.  Bronson HUD/ Peterson ECN
145.  Ziolowkoski DCE/ Schlough MEN
152.  Schirel SP/ Dowd NR
160.  Massie HUD/ Hertel MARSH
170.  Reinhardt MER/ Anderson HUD (will be a barn burner for 2nd, apparently I almost had to eat some crow on sat)
182.  Wadell MEN/ Dahlby ECN
195.  Stokke MEN/ Lang MARSH
220.  Gierke HUD/ Winch SP
285.  Schindler HUD/ Nutinen MEN

If I counted correctly: RF REG= 18 qualifiers MARSH REG= 10 qualifiers

Maybe I'm too confident in the RF REG, but it seems like they will have more. 

Edit: spelling
Never tell me the odds!

The Last Double23

I think Kyle Zerbian could make a run at. He is at 45, I see he only lost to Schlough 3 to 1 and had a good win over Austin Anderson. It will be a great sectional on Saturday 

Latthrowking

Alright I'll take a crack at this...
Looks this sectional could have a good chance for titles at
106,113,132, and all 145-195

106 Phillips/ Koontz
113 Koontz/ Anderson
120 Veverka/ Deacon (Kadlec no slouch as a 4 seed tho)
126 Younger/ Schlough (tough weight here)
132 Arneson/ Koski
138 Bronson/ Peterson
145 Ziolkowski/ Schlough (toughest class IMO, with Kelz, Reas, Zerbian and Anderson all in the rankings too)
152 Dowd/ Schierl
160 Massie/ Hertel
170 Reinhardt/ Anderson
182 Dahlby/ Waddell
195 Stokke/ Lang
220 Gierke/ Winch
285 Schindler/ Nuutinen

The Last Ride

Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 15, 2015, 05:39:28 PM
I think Kyle Zerbian could make a run at. He is at 45, I see he only lost to Schlough 3 to 1 and had a good win over Austin Anderson. It will be a great sectional on Saturday  
Maybe but I'm sure he will have to beat Schlough again. Because IMO Ziolkowsk will win that bracket.. And then there is Keltz and Reas on the other side.  Anything can happen but we will see.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

The Last Double23

It will be a good match if they wrestle again. Im sure they both took notes on each other. Reas and Keltz are both good wrestlers. I think it is about the hardest bracket in the sectional. 6 of the 8 guys are ranked in the bracket. It will be a crazy day

HMsDad

I agree with not counting out Zerbian. He has wrestled 160/152 all year. Most of his losses are to ranked kids that were bigger than him. If he wrestled 145 all year as well as Schlough(Ranked at 138) they both would be in the top 8.

The 145 sectional is loaded.It will be a tough task to come from the same side as Joe and qualify but one that can be done.

The Last Double23

I think Zerbian has a good chance of beating Schlough this weekend. I believe Zerbian has the same chance as Schlough does making it

Han Solo

Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 16, 2015, 10:09:58 AM
I think Zerbian has a good chance of beating Schlough this weekend. I believe Zerbian has the same chance as Schlough does making it

We get it Kyle! Good Luck bud!  ;)

But in all seriousness, you're saying Zerbian and Schlough are even caliber wrestlers?  You could argue that he has a shot at beating him, but Schlough is a 2x qualifier and took 3rd at state last year.  Zerbain has never been to the big show and the highest he has placed is 4th at sectionals.  Don't get me wrong he's a good wrestler and wrestled Schlough close at regionals, but if he beat Schlough it would be a big upset.  Also, a 3-1 match can be more dominant than the score (I wasn't there so I don't know feel free to fill me in).  Did he come close to taking Schlough down or scoring on him? 
Never tell me the odds!

HMsDad

By that I take it you think the poster is Kyle? Not likely at all.

Han Solo

Quote from: HMsDad on February 16, 2015, 03:12:39 PM

By that I take it you think the poster is Kyle? Not likely at all.

I put a winky face and said, "But in all seriousness".  Then I went on to address the guy as if he was someone who I didn't know throughout my post.  I figured that would make it pretty obvious.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  Thought it would get a laugh or two.  Don't know why we are so hyper-sensitive on the forum. 
Never tell me the odds!

HMsDad

Sorry missed the "But in all seriousness" part.

Han Solo

Quote from: HMsDad on February 16, 2015, 03:19:25 PM
Sorry missed the "But in all seriousness" part.

No worries.  Can anyone expand on the match?  Was it pretty dramatic?  Did Schlough seem to control the pace or no? 
Never tell me the odds!

CuttingWeight101

Quote from: Han Solo on February 16, 2015, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: The Last Double23 on February 16, 2015, 10:09:58 AM

But in all seriousness, you're saying Zerbian and Schlough are even caliber wrestlers?  You could argue that he has a shot at beating him, but Schlough is a 2x qualifier and took 3rd at state last year.  Zerbain has never been to the big show and the highest he has placed is 4th at sectionals.  Don't get me wrong he's a good wrestler and wrestled Schlough close at regionals, but if he beat Schlough it would be a big upset.  Also, a 3-1 match can be more dominant than the score (I wasn't there so I don't know feel free to fill me in).  Did he come close to taking Schlough down or scoring on him? 

Zerbian got better shots in then schlough did and schlough got his points on a cheap tilt so this match could go either way but with what I saw I would pick Zerbian to win the match in a wrestle back situation

HMsDad

My guess

106 Phillips/ Koontz
113 Koontz/ Anderson
120 Veverka/ Deacon (Bailey and Hedrington could make this interesting)
126 Schlough/Younger
132 Arneson/ Koski
138 Bronson/ Peterson
145 Ziolkowski/  Zerbian (Wide open with Schlough,Kelz, Reas,and Anderson all capable to take the 2nd spot )
152 Dowd/ Schierl
160 Hertel/Massie
170 Reinhardt/ Anderson (Kennelly made it interesting at regional vs Anderson.)
182 Dahlby/ Waddell (Think Dahlby gets him this time.Will be a fun one to watch.)
195 Stokke/ Lang
220 Winch/Gierke
285 Schindler/ Nuutinen

Mustang Fan

I also watched the match from start to finish and saw no CHEAP TILT......Schlough is a low scoring,defensive wrestler...so please explain the CHEAP TILT !!