Bowling...

Started by TomM, February 15, 2015, 08:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

I love bowling.  Almost never go.  My own fault. 
In high school, a couple times, if we had a home dual meet we would go bowl a game and head back to the high school for weigh-in.
It has gotten pretty technical I guess.
Do I have to own four bowling balls?
One issue is this; my thumb and fingers usually don't fit in most of the bowling balls at the lanes... If I can find one, I feel lucky.  Guess I'd have to buy one and have it drilled.  Had my own and gave it to my brother when I was in college.  He had it filled and re-drilled.
Anybody else love bowling?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

I used to do a lot of bowling when I was young.  I played in a commercial league, for our local Radio Shack team.  I never had my own ball, so I always had to hunt around and find the best fit that I could.  I averaged in the 170s.  Last time I tried bowling, it had been so long (decades) that I was really rusty.  I was Captain Gutterball and couldn't crack 100.   :'(    Now I just go fishing, instead.  If I make a bad cast, at least I can't hear the fish laughing at me.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!