Big Ten Tourny on TV?

Started by Micah, February 10, 2015, 11:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

I went on btn2go and I only see the finals listed as being televised for the Big Ten tournament.    Are any of the other rounds going to available on trackcast or anything else?

TomM

Network to air most-ever events, entire 2015 Big Ten Wrestling Championships
http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/112414aab.html

Saturday, March 7 B1G Championships TBA (Live on BTN Plus)
Sunday, March 8 B1G Championships 3:00 PM (Live on BTN)

http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?topic=45126.0
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Micah

So a BTN Plus subscription is needed to watch all the rounds but the finals. 

TomM

Quote from: Micah on February 10, 2015, 12:32:17 PM
So a BTN Plus subscription is needed to watch all the rounds but the finals. 

I personally don't understand how it works.... I just copy and paste ...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

jaguarwrestler

seems like early rounds online and finals on tv? I get a bit confused with btn, btn2go, btnplus... hard to follow where it will be shown at times.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

hammen

BTN - TV channel(s) that you can watch on cable or via the app depending on your cable provider.

BTN2GO - the app that you can use depending on your cable provider. lots of archived games/shows on here.

BTNPlus - exclusive coverage viewing within the app - a subscription fee is required for viewing. You can pay/cancel monthly. I believe the fee is less than $20. If you get it now, you can cancel right after the B1G tournament and only pay the fee for the month (2/11 thru 3/11). Well worth it.

stp

*Who all is planning on coming to Columbus for the B10's?  

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Huckfinn

Not 100% sure, but the Big Ten Network will probably cover the Big Ten Tournament like they did last year, and like they covered the Midlands this year.

They will only play finals on TV (also available online, but only to TV  subscribers.)     Most of rest of tournament will be available to stream online via BTN Plus, but be prepared for a rough ride.

They only provided the finals two years ago, so at least they are getting better.

The online video for the Midlands tournament demonstrates how careless and crappy their production is.  The cameras drop-out halfway through most sessions, so you don't get to see the upper weight classes.  They have camera operators that are worse than a teen with a cell phone.   No narration, which is probably a plus.   Would it be so hard for them to provide a list of matches so you could actually know what is on a 3 hour video labeled "Mat 1 3PM"?

Well, baby steps.  At least they are trying to provide some sort of video from Big Ten Tournament and Midlands.     Hey, how about paying the student volunteers, you cheapskates, we're paying you.   Maybe then you get somebody who changes the camera batteries.