The Trouble With Chocolate

Started by imnofish, February 10, 2015, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

In the last few years of my old guys life, I gave in a gave him chocolate for a treat from time to time. He just loved chocolate.

I wasnt trying to be mean or unhealthy, most bulldogs live to be 8-9 years and he was around 13 so I gave in.

I knew for years that chocolate was bad for dogs so I didnt give him any. When he was younger I enjoy a glass of chocolate milk daily and I had set my mug of chocolate milk down with in reach of him, I walked away and came back and half the mug was gone and he was drooling chocolate ;D He only drank water, nothing else so you can image my suprise when he drank chocolate milk.

So for the last year of his life I gave him some chocolate. He enjoyed very well. He was worse than any human I have ever known about chocolate. If he knew it was in a bag from the store, he was get excited!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

LG, my brother had a dog like that.  It ate anything and everything, but lived a long time, anyway. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on April 20, 2015, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: imnofish on April 20, 2015, 05:37:39 PM
LG, my brother had a dog like that.  It ate anything and everything, but lived a long time, anyway. 

My brother-in-law gave his Cocker Spaniel a Twix bar every night after dinner.  The dog also ate whatever he had that evening (walleye, venison, flathead catfish).  The neighbor shot the dog with a .22 when it was 12 and it survived.  The dog lived to the age of 17.

I'm betting that he outlived the neighbor, too.   ;D