TV Show: The Blacklist

Started by TomM, February 02, 2015, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Was enjoying it initially....
Now it has gone over the top (as if it wasn't previously)...
I usually say about a show similar to this "It is possible, but not probable"...
This one has become not possible to take place in any real life...
Probably a former viewer... Almost cartoonish now.
Guy gets blown against a wall, out cold, not breathing.... next thing you know he is up marching around shooting with a gigantic gun...  Not in my world.  More like a 'Terminator' movie.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

yea I agree went over the top or jumped the shark.

imnofish

Yes, that part was not believable, but overall, this is still our favorite "new" show.  We'll stick with it, understanding that all action shows are going to have some over-the-top moments. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

I watched '24' for a few seasons... (not sure how many)... When he killed his brother, who was plotting with his father... that was the end. No desire to even glance at it after that.  
My favorite part of that program to laugh at was this: "Jack" would be out somewhere evading 'the enemy'... and he'd get a cell phone call from someone (was it Cloey?)... the phone would tweet or ring or whatever that noise is... and he'd answer in almost a regular voice.  Tell me that would not give up his position EVERY TIME... Especially funny a time he is hiding 20 yards from land on a pier over water. Sound travels better over water than it does on the internet... There are bad guys all over looking for him in total silence..
Then... phone 'rings'... he answers per usual...
At that point guns should have been blowing him up... Instead he finishes chat and escapes.. again.
Similar to Blacklist ...
I call 'baloney' ... I no longer watch Popeye cartoons either...

imnofish

What????   No Popeye???   ???  Man, you are one tough consumer!!!   :o  ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I love old cartoons. Archer and Family Guy are funny, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on February 05, 2015, 08:26:02 PM
What????   No Popeye???   ???  Man, you are one tough consumer!!!   :o  ;D

Popeyes what an awesome a cartoon however today instead of spinach it is steroids and PEDs.........yikes!

TomM

hahahahaha....

I love Popeye... I was just likening (not very effectively) how he gets crushed by something and gets up, dusts himself off and goes on full speed.

Heck, if my back is a little sore, I'm a wimp...

imnofish

Popeye's got nuttin on Wiley Coyote!   ;D  Talk about being indestructible!   :o :o :o :o

bigoil

so now you are going to tell me you could predict MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger outcomes :)

TomM

Quote from: bigoil on February 06, 2015, 01:12:44 PM
so now you are going to tell me you could predict MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger outcomes :)

Predict them?  Heck, I don't even ever watch the last 10 minutes of most shows... 8)

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on February 06, 2015, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 06, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

Predict them?  Heck, I don't even ever watch the last 10 minutes of most shows... 8)

You do that (predict the endings), too?  I always keep an eye on the clock, because most of these shows wrap the important stuff up into a neat little package during the last 10 minutes.  I've learned not to always say it out loud, though, because my wife doesn't accept the concept of a "spoiler alert." 

woody53

Quote from: imnofish on February 06, 2015, 12:57:15 PM
Popeye's got nuttin on Wiley Coyote!   ;D  Talk about being indestructible!   :o :o :o :o
Super Genius !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

ramjet

Wiley yoddle pup is one tough dog man and he always sees the thing coming ............. yikes!

Bullwinkle he gets his share too the rabbit thing just makes me laugh every time I think of it!!!!